Senior Expert Public Affairs
bpost group is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
bpost’s Public Affairs team is in charge of managing relations between bpostgroup and its stakeholders and advising the management and the board on strategic issues.
The Senior Expert Public Affairs functions as the right hand and sounding board of the Director Public Affairs within the Group Strategy & Transformation Office. The main purpose is to define the strategy to manage the relations between bpostgroup and its stakeholders in a proactive way, and also to translate this strategy into positive actions as part of a healthy, open relationship.
· You play a crucial and active role in the management of stakeholders by:
o Identifying the right stakeholders, setting up and continuously maintaining a proactive public affairs operation;
o Establishing KPIs in the field of Public Affairs;
o Drawing up short- and medium-term macro planning from a tactical point of view;
o Identifying the needs of the organisation and stakeholders
o Identifying of priority themes (materiality matrix), as they emerged from stakeholder consultations;
· You create, implement and follow-up a Public Affairs policy within bpost group.
· You advise the EXCO/the board/the CEO/ on the development of the company's files, with regard to the stakeholders, and this in coordination with the Director Public Affairs.
· You develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies. You collaborate with internal teams, including external communications and legal & compliance, to ensure a consistent and coherent message.
· You function as a contact platform with the European authorities and the country's authorities at federal, regional and provincial levels.
· You Support BUs in their operational contacts and management of specific problems at local level.
· You develop and implement appropriate programmes and actions in consultation with the group's compliance department.
· You function as a contact platform for representative groups and organisations. In consultation with the Director Public Affairs, you are responsible for managing the contacts and organising them.
You demonstrate a strong expertise in the political domain and with political parties with a capability to build networks and manage stakeholders. You combine strong analytical skills with strategic and communication skills.
More particularly, the candidate should successfully demonstrate following experience & competences:
· Excellent academic track record ;
· Over 10 years of experience in designing and defending solutions;
· Creative, Critical and conceptual thinking;
· Excellent analytical skills enabling you to rigorously deep dive into details while maintaining a helicopter view and an aptitude to convey conclusions in a comprehensible way;
· Ability to integrate different aspects of complex files (economic, technical, social, financial, legal, …).
· You have a deep understanding of federal, regional and local institutions;
· Project/program management skills and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
· You like to have impact: in this position you have a high exposure to senior management and the board as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
· Used to work in a fast-moving environment with a clear sense of urgency and drive to meet deadlines.
· Excellent knowledge of Dutch and French and very good knowledge of English.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux with big ambitions and a strong transformation agenda. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique.
· You can focus 100% on your job, with optimal support from all our internal services.
· You are part of the office of the group Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer. It is a focused highly talented team, that delivers high value projects across the group. You will get right away exposure to the most strategic topics across the company.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.