bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic business partner. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Category Expert Facility Management who will help drive this transformation.
You will report directly into the head of Procurement and will be responsible for the category management and strategic procurement activities of the FM category. You will also participate in the PLT (Procurement Leadership Team).
About your function
The Category Expert FM provides vision and leadership for the sourcing of FM, which covers the maintenance and construction of buildings, cleaning services, utility contracts and waste policy.
You will provide guidance, counsel and strategic advice to the procurement team and wider organization in matters related to FM procurement. You will use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to (re)define the (sub-)categories, define robust Category and Sourcing Strategies as well as Supplier Management activities.
You will establish and lead cross-functional teams of stakeholders to define and execute the Category Strategy, guiding the cross-functional team through key Strategic Sourcing projects in a structured way and create value for the organization.
· Developing a strategic vision and plan for the (sub-)categories in your scope (incl. but not limited to profiling, channel strategy, supply market
analyses & segmentation) in collaboration with a cross-functional team to create breakthroughs, achieve quick wins and/or foster innovation
· Implementing all aspects of this strategy, incl. but not limited to strategic planning, sourcing roadmap, stakeholder management.
· Strategic sourcing for your (sub-)categories with a focus on TCO optimization and a deep understanding of the business needs.
· Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of framework agreements and the execution of the high-value spot buys.
· Developing and maintaining supplier relationships with key suppliers to realize and maintain TCO optimization incl. defining supplier
performance improvement plans when necessary.
You will align with the Center of Excellence Manager to ensure the implementation of your category strategy happens in the most efficient way and focusses on improving the buying capacity of the procurement organization.
Change & Communication
As the procurement organization is evolving, you will focus on the change aspects of your category design and implementation and will communicate to different stakeholders within the organization.
· Motivated to drive transformation in a dynamic environment
· Takes ownership and can autonomously drive initiatives
· Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
· Deep understanding of the business needs in the short, mid and long term
· 10 or more years of experience in strategic procurement, category management or a related role in a large enterprise
· Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
· Technical skills:
o Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, supplier management &
o Expertise in the field of FM and awareness of industry trends and best practices
o Category management approach: category profile analysis, TCO mindset, opportunity identification …
· Knowledge of public procurement would be a plus
· Other required capabilities:
· Project management skills: prioritization, coordination, risk management, …
· Change management & communication skills
· Strong influencing and (senior) stakeholder management skills
Why bpost ?
bpost group is a modern and efficient postal operator with a network of more than 1,336 postal outlets, providing the universal service in Belgium, serving every letterbox five days a week and delivering around 7 million letters and 250,000 parcels on a daily basis, as well as banking and insurance services (through bpost bank).
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, a car, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
This is where we really distinguish ourselves:
· You have an impact on the outside world, because as an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we connect millions of
people, businesses and communities.
· You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our many training programs and the many career opportunities.
· In the coming years, bpost group will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core
competences. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all, it creates many challenging projects (from which you get full ownership)
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpost culture are unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
· You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
· You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the
world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want
to spend less on.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.