It will not have escaped your notice, but the world of e-commerce is going fast. You buy your product today and tomorrow the delivery man will be at your doorstep. At the height of the Corona crisis, we at bpost saw our volume of parcels rise to unseen heights.
Since 2018 bpost has been the largest shareholder in Active Ants, a successful company that has succeeded in winning its place in the Netherlands in the field of e-commerce in just 10 years. Active Ants, specialized in automation, artificial intelligence and robotics, is the partner for webshops in the Netherlands to carry out the e-fullfilment process in a unique way. As part of the bpost group it is now time to spread our wings and further conquer Europe. Belgium will be the first country where we will start.
We are looking for a hands-on, flexible and experienced operations manager to set up and manage this high-tech operation on a daily basis.
The new branch in Boom will be equipped with an Autostore, multiple automatic packing machines, robots with artificial intelligence and highly motivated people under your control.
As Operations Manager you are responsible for the daily operations, you ensure the correct flow and that the kpi's are achieved.
At the same time, you make plans to cope with the peaks in the year and to run the operation more and more efficiently. Everything within the Active Ants philosophy.
You are responsible for the continuity of all machines and robots that, together with our motivated people, guarantee satisfied customers and optimal operating results.
Finally, you have the skill to get the best out of your people. As a team you will work together towards the best result.
You're responsible for:
- The daily management of the warehouse and supervising and motivating the Team Leaders.
- Monitoring priorities and budget responsibility.
- Being able to set up and monitor KPI's. Process and quality improvement and implementation, within the Active Ants philosophy.
- Peak management.
- Creating forecast and acting on it.
- Monitoring and managing absenteeism.
- Bachelors level of work and thinking.
- Experience in logistics and e-commerce
- Working in a software / innovative hardware environment.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities.
- Technical insight.
- Positive attitude, communicative skills and a flexible attitude.
- Development opportunities.
- Space for training.
- Salary in line with the market.
- A company Car
- Working in an international environment
As an e-fulfilment company, Active Ants has experienced rapid growth since 2011. There are now 500 people and 90 robots working at 2 locations in the Netherlands (Nieuwegein and Roosendaal).
With a concept of high automation, smart software, robots that work with people, artificial intelligence, satisfied customers and a healthy operating result.
We are active 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to become the best e-commerce logistics company in Europe. Active Ants is founded, owned and still managed by two Dutch entrepreneurs. The majority stakeholder since 2018 is the Belgium post, bpost (listed Bel20) Together with bpost the entrepreneurs are able to accelerate the growth of Active Ants within Europe.