Chief Commercial Officer
Radial, a bpost group company, is the global leader in omnichannel commerce technology and operations.
Premier brands around the world confidently partner with Radial to deliver their brand promises, anticipate and respond to industry disruption, and compete in a rapidly evolving market.
Radial's innovative solutions connect retailers and customers through advanced omnichannel technologies, efficient B2C and B2B fulfillment, shipping, supply chain services, intelligent payments and fraud protection and insightful customer care services – especially where high-value customer experiences are critical. We are flexible, scalable, and focused on our clients' business objectives.
To support Radial’s European expansion, we are looking for a professional individual to support our Commercial team in Germany as a Chief Commercial Officer
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is a senior member of the Radial Europe management team reporting to the EVP eCommerce Logistics EU & Asia and is primarily responsible for ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organisation.
This pivotal appointment carries full responsibility for revenue management and takes ownership of the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, ensuring all functions are aligned to meet its strategic and commercial objectives.
· Create and implement a sophisticated commercial market development strategy which will support and influence both short- and long-term business plan, including:
o Fine tuning the strategic direction and plans for Radial EU with regard to all commercial functions including sales and marketing.
o Developing and maintain initiatives to achieve up to date competitor analysis.
o Identifying and developing new market opportunities.
o Developing annual and long-term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
· Create a ‘one team’, customer-centric approach:
o Standardise sales and marketing go-to-market activities.
o Develop an integrated, cross-functional commercial process to deliver the best of Radial EU and bpost Group to every sales interaction, across Sales, Pricing, and Engineering.
o Influence colleagues through customer advocacy.
o Put guidelines in place to ensure a commercially viable and superior customer experience.
· Manage, review, assess and develop all sales and marketing managers through strengthened performance management practices, incl. regular sales reviews.
· Develop the cornerstones of a sales training and capability building program and deliver it over the next years to ensure all sales staff follow best practices.
· Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates high performing colleagues to develop a passionate, thriving, fun, customer centric culture that inspires people to perform.
· Monitor business performance and provide a performance dashboard to the EVP eCommerce Logistics EU & Asia and other functional managers against sales performance indicators.
Experience, Personal Qualities, and Attributes
· Hold a recognised Master degree.
· Relevant eCommerce Logistics experience is an absolute must combining deep knowledge of building and growing a B2B sales organization with a track record of success in a fast growth, dynamic and ‘performance based’ environment.
· Credible and proven Commercial leader at Pan-European level who is both customer-facing and impactful. Able to demonstrate strategic thinking - innovative and capable of influencing and engaging at leadership level and motivating and upskilling teams.
· Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
· Experienced at representing the commercial function on a Senior Leadership Team.
· Proven track record in building a solid "sales infrastructure": performance management, incentives, stringent process, and governance.
· Outstanding sales and marketing skills – leads from the front.
· A strong team player with the ability to lead and facilitate structural change, whilst developing team capability. Ability to instil energy, personality, and drive into the team dynamics and with hiring the right talent, onboarding new sales staff into the organization, developing learning journeys and continuously further developing each sales staff.
· A born communicator: Fluent English speaker – German is a plus with excellent presentation skills.
· Attractive working conditions and development opportunities.
· The chance to work with a very motivated international team of experienced professionals.
· Our innovative approach to commerce enables individuals to experience the latest trends first hand, with each individual helping to shape the shopping experiences of the future.
· Opportunity for international exposure via Radial’s network of global locations.
If you feel you meet the criteria above, please apply as soon as possible.