It will not have escaped your notice, but the world of e-commerce is going fast. You buy your product today and tomorrow the delivery man will be at your doorstep. At the height of the Corona crisis, we at bpost saw our volume of parcels rise to unseen heights.
Since 2018 bpost has been the largest shareholder in Active Ants, a successful company that has succeeded in winning its place in the Netherlands in the field of e-commerce in just 10 years. Active Ants, specialized in automation, artificial intelligence and robotics, is the partner for webshops in the Netherlands to carry out the e-fullfilment process in a unique way. As part of the bpost group it is now time to spread our wings and further conquer Europe. Belgium will be the first country where we will start.
We are looking for an experienced Country Manager to start growing Active Ants successful e-commerce logistics formula within Belgium. The Country Manager will build and lead the Belgium strategy and operations. This means quickly building the team and taking ownership of the local P&L.
This role provides a great opportunity to be an entrepreneur, building and running a new company, while leveraging the existing concept of Active Ants and thereby entering the market already with a competitive advantage.
As a General Manager we ask you to:
· Act as the overall leader of the Belgian business and provide direction to team members consistent with the Active Ants mission, vision and values.
· Be responsible for the recruitment, leadership, management and on-going development of the team as well as, through this, the growth and development of Active Ants in Belgium more broadly.
· To spend initially about 50% of your time on sales large accounts.
· To have full business development and P&L responsibility
· To create and drive a high-performing culture by encouraging innovation, customer focus and people well-being.
· Bachelors level, logistics, business and / or commercial economic direction
· 10 + years of commercial/operational/general management experience, preferably in E-Commerce fulfillment
· Experienced in managing P&L
· Great stakeholder and project management skills
· Entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to build and grow a business from start-up to a multi-million business.
· Well-developed knowledge and experience related to all business functions(e.g. finance, marketing, sales, e-commerce, operations)
· Excellent leadership skills
- A competitive salary and company car
- A challenging position within Active Ants
- Starting a new (but proven) business from the ground up
- A working environment with a lot of dynamism and enthusiastic colleagues
- An interesting position within a growing business with career opportunities and good working condition
As an e-fulfillment company, Active Ants has experienced rapid growth since 2011. In the meantime, 400 people and 180 robots are spread across 2 locations in the Netherlands (Nieuwegein and Roosendaal) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to become the best e-commerce logistics company in Europe. In 2018, bpost (Bel20: Belgian post) invested in Active Ants, enabling the company to roll out an accelerated growth strategy in Europe.