Procurement Manager Fleet & Transport
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic business partner. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Manager Fleet & Transport who will help drive this transformation.
You will report directly into the head of Procurement and will be responsible for all purchases within your own cluster. You will also participate in the PLT (Procurement Leadership Team).
About your function
The Cluster Manager Fleet & Transport is responsible for all purchases in his/her cluster for all departments and subsidiaries of bpost, in accordance with the relevant guidelines and legislation for public companies and with internal procurement rules and procedures.
You will be responsible for managing a team that concludes procurement contracts in order to guarantee an optimal procurement policy within the categories Fleet & Transport in accordance with the Category Strategy (for the Fleet & Transport categories).
• Coaching, motivating and managing a team of buyers within your cluster and supervising the efficient execution of strategic sourcing purchase process according to the public procurement legislation.
• Preparation and implementation of an annual procurement plan based on the Category Strategy
• Advising and supporting the internal customers in defining new needs, budget preparation and planning of their purchase project.
• Proactive monitoring and control of the execution of purchase contracts by suppliers in order to ensure that everything complies with the contract and/or public procurement legislation
• Monitoring and prospecting the market and evaluating the performance of existing suppliers in order to identify new opportunities for bpost within your purchasing domain
• Maintaining specialized knowledge within your purchasing domain, closely following the evolutions of the market and ensuring that your team members constantly update their knowledge
• Contribute to the yearly cost reduction program within your categories
Category Management Support
• Aligning with the Category Experts on a continuous basis, to ensure all projects and purchases within your cluster are in line with the Category Strategy
• Supporting the Category Experts, where necessary, to negotiate purchases of complex files in order to guarantee the best price/quality for all purchases
You will align with the Center of Excellence Manager to ensure the implementation of the purchases within your cluster happens in the most efficient way and focusses on improving the buying capacity of the procurement organization.
• Drive for results in a fast changing environment
• Takes ownership and can autonomously drive initiatives
• Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
• Deep understanding of the business needs in the short, mid and long term
• 10 or more years of experience as procurement manager or a related role in a large enterprise
• Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
• Technical skills:
• Strategic Sourcing: spend & market analysis, sourcing strategy development, TCO concept, …
• Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, supplier management & development …
• Expertise in the field of fleet & transport and awareness of industry trends and best practices
• Knowledge of public procurement legislation
• Other required capabilities:
• People management skills: coaching, motivating, coordinating, …
• Change management & communication skills
• Influencing and stakeholder management skills