Procurement Category Manager - Facilities
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic business partner. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Category Expert Facility Management who will help drive this transformation.
You will report directly into the head of Procurement and will be responsible for the category management and strategic procurement activities of the FM category. You will also participate in the PLT (Procurement Leadership Team).
About your function
The Category Expert FM provides vision and leadership for the sourcing of FM, which covers the maintenance and construction of buildings, cleaning services, utility contracts and waste policy.
You will provide guidance, counsel and strategic advice to the procurement team and wider organization in matters related to FM procurement. You will use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to (re)define the (sub-)categories, define robust Category and Sourcing Strategies as well as Supplier Management activities.
You will establish and lead cross-functional teams of stakeholders to define and execute the Category Strategy, guiding the cross-functional team through key Strategic Sourcing projects in a structured way and create value for the organization.
· Developing a strategic vision and plan for the (sub-)categories in your scope (incl. but not limited to profiling, channel strategy, supply market analyses & segmentation) in collaboration with a cross-functional team to create breakthroughs, achieve quick wins and/or foster innovation
· Implementing all aspects of this strategy, incl. but not limited to strategic planning, sourcing roadmap, stakeholder management.
· Strategic sourcing for your (sub-)categories with a focus on TCO optimization and a deep understanding of the business needs.
· Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of framework agreements and the execution of the high-value spot buys.
· Developing and maintaining supplier relationships with key suppliers to realize and maintain TCO optimization incl. defining supplier
performance improvement plans when necessary.
You will align with the Center of Excellence Manager to ensure the implementation of your category strategy happens in the most efficient way and focusses on improving the buying capacity of the procurement organization.
Change & Communication
As the procurement organization is evolving, you will focus on the change aspects of your category design and implementation and will communicate to different stakeholders within the organization.
· Motivated to drive transformation in a dynamic environment
· Takes ownership and can autonomously drive initiatives
· Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
· Deep understanding of the business needs in the short, mid and long term
· 10 or more years of experience in strategic procurement, category management or a related role in a large enterprise
· Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
· Technical skills:
o Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, supplier management &
o Expertise in the field of FM and awareness of industry trends and best practices
o Category management approach: category profile analysis, TCO mindset, opportunity identification …
· Knowledge of public procurement would be a plus
· Other required capabilities:
· Project management skills: prioritization, coordination, risk management, …
· Change management & communication skills
· Strong influencing and (senior) stakeholder management skills