Procurement CAT MGR - CAPEX, CLOTHING, PACKAGING & PAPER, EQUIPMENT
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic business partner. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Category Manager who will help drive this transformation.
You will report directly into the head of Procurement and will be responsible for the category management and strategic procurement activities of your own category. You will also participate in the PLT (Procurement Leadership Team)..
About the job
The Category Manager will provide vision and leadership for the sourcing of one (or more) of the following categories
- Capital investments : e.g. (warehouse) equipment and machinery.
- Clothing, protection and safety equipment for the bpost workers (e.g. textile, uniforms, safety shoes, etc.)
- Packaging and paper
You will provide guidance, counsel and strategic advice to the procurement team and wider organization in matters related to your category. You will use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to (re)define the (sub-)categories, identify and prioritize opportunities and define robust Category and Sourcing Strategies. This also includes Risk Management and Supplier Management activities.
Category Management is a key aspect of your role. You will establish thorough category plans carried by your stakeholders and challenge colleague category managers in order to fulfill continuous improvement regarding category management within the procurement department to create the upmost value for
· Developing a strategic vision and plan for the (sub-)categories in your scope (incl. but not limited to profiling, channel strategy, supply market analyses & segmentation) in collaboration with a cross-functional team to create breakthroughs, achieve quick wins and/or foster innovation.
· Implementing all aspects of this strategy, incl. but not limited to strategic planning, sourcing roadmap, stakeholder management.
· Strategic sourcing for your (sub-)categories with a focus on TCO optimization and a deep understanding of the business needs.
· Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of framework agreements and the execution of the high-value spot buys.
· Developing and maintaining supplier relationships with key suppliers to realize and maintain TCO optimization incl. defining supplier performance improvement plans when necessary.
You will align with the Center of Excellence Manager to ensure the implementation of your category strategy happens in the most efficient way and focusses on improving the buying capacity of the procurement organization.
Change & Communication
As the procurement organization is evolving, you will focus on the change aspects of your category design and implementation and will communicate to different stakeholders within the organization.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in category management
- Motivated to drive transformation in a dynamic environment
- Takes ownership and can autonomously drive initiatives
- Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
- Deep understanding of the business needs in the short, mid and long term
- 10 or more years of experience in strategic procurement, category management or a related role in a large enterprise
- Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- Technical skills:
- Category management approach: category profile analysis, TCO mindset, opportunity identification, …
- Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, supplier management & development …
- Expertise in the field of selected category and awareness of industry trends and best practices
- Knowledge of public procurement would be a plus
- Other required capabilities:
- Project management skills: prioritization, coordination, risk management, …
- Change management & communication skills
- Strong influencing and (senior) stakeholder management skills
Our offer to you
A challenging and interesting role with a high-impact on bpost’s core business and plenty of opportunities for further personal development
A competitive package with other benefits (including luncheon vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance) next to an attractive monthly salary (with end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay)
A unique work environment
- You will work for one of the largest corporate players, with headquarters in Belgium (decisions are taken right here in Brussels). At the same time, you are part of an international organization, thanks to our many activities in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- You will be working on interesting challenges and innovative projects at the core of bpost’s business.
- The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique.