Operations Supervisor Bx Parcels (Night shift)
More than 37.000 amazing faces at bpost group work every day to bring millions of people closer together. Friendly, bold, fun-loving, dedicated: the faces in this tight-knit team are especially welcoming to talented, enthusiastic young people. Want to get to know your future colleagues? Check wearebpost.be!
bpost is always on the move and makes life easier thanks to innovative logistics services and intelligent e-commerce solutions. And for you, that means a lot of challenging projects to dive into. We give you the freedom and confidence to go for it to the fullest.
Just like a hundred thousand other Belgians, you will undoubtedly have ordered one or more parcels during Covid-19. In order to distribute the influx of mail & parcels as optimally as possible, our processes are fine-tuned and our services expanded. You may not know it, but most of our activities are taking place at night in order to be able to deliver our packages quickly and efficiently. Are you curious to discover more? We have an open position : a night Operations Supervisor in our sorting center in Brussels (Neder-Over-Heembeek).
Is this mission for you?
Are you looking for a fast paced and changing environment, where one day is not how the next one will look? As a night Operation Supervisor you will have to supervise 150-250 employees in the nightshift. We are looking for someone who loves to be in contact with people, to guide them and who is solution-oriented. You will be joining a team of 2 other supervisors and become a point of reference for teamleaders and employees.
Here are the skills that you will have to put into practice on a regular basis:
· You create your network within the company and build a reliable and efficient collaboration with all parties in the sorting center but also in other sorting centers in Belgium
· You communicate actively on all matters related to your day to day tasks
· You will get the opportunity to sell new ideas to management and to operational workers alike.
· You are a team player: collect new ideas by doing brainstorms, challenge each other ideas and test these ideas on site.
Within your domain you make sure that you make the right operational and technical proposals to take part in the battle and to serve our customer as quickly as possible.
Solution Oriented :
You are there to support the teams and to guide them when needed. You have to think quicky and to be able to propose a solution in a short deadline.
In your role of Night Operation Supervisor , you are a dynamic teamplayer who combines strong people skills with a pragmatic and polyvalent approach.
In addition, we would like to highlight the following qualities:
· You have a master degree and/or operational leadership experience
· You speak Dutch or French very well and have a very good knowledge of the second national language. You have a working knowledge of English.
· You go for stronger, better and further. You think and act outside-of-the-mail&parcel and have the right drive to help write the future of bpost.
· You can work under pressure, with an eye for details and with tight deadlines.
· You are eager to develop a business and operation acumen.
· You have a positive and open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions.
· You are a good communicator and love working with people.
· You are in possession of a drivers license.
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Feel like putting your shoulders to the wheel in this growing mail & parcel world?
Send your CV now!