Expert Program Manager
bpost is always on the move. For the people of bpost, we create an environment with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the newest technologies, including interesting job opportunities and training for every employee.
Parcels and logistics are a key growth driver for bpost. In this context, we are recruiting a program manager for strategic tracks in Last Mile Parcels Benelux.
The Program Manager Last Mile Parcels Benelux is responsible for supporting the Executive Vice President Parcels in making sound decisions related to strategic tracks, in order for the department to reach its business goals.
About the job
The program manager will
- Comprehend the strategy and business of Parcels & Logistics
- Identify issues and opportunities, structure and conceptualize them, to size them both in scope and in impact (risk and opportunities) and to define the roadmap for relevant decisions.
- Support the decision making process including organizing and preparing relevant meetings related to the projects and assignments
- Give presentations (including to Top a Senior Management audience)
- Enable the communication within the department on the projects he is in charge of, in order to ensure proper buy-in and collect the relevant input of all relevant stakeholders.
- Play an active role in the transversality and exchange between departments on the topics identified as strategic for Parcels & Logistics Sales & Marketing.
- Master degree and minimum 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Consultant attitude
- Background in strategic sales and marketing tracks
- Background in e-commerce, parcels, logistics and experience in an agile environment… is a plus
- Strong business sense and business acumen
- Perfect 3-lingual (NL, FR, EN)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Influencing skills
- Good listening skills
- Helicopter view and strategic view
- Reliable and discrete with excellent judgement (able to work on confidential projects and to handle confidential information)
- Ability to work well under pressure with high level of drive and adapt to changing schedules
- Capable of building network
- Capable to build trust
Like many other companies, we offer a nice package of benefits in addition to a monthly salary, including a company car, meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 extra statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay, a lump-sum reimbursement of expenses and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Is the vacancy above something for you? Then you're definitely someone who cares, who dares and who likes to work together. Because at bpost Parcels & Logistics…
…we care. bpost has always acted as a kind of link between people, societies and companies. Due to digitization, there is less contact between people, but our connecting and ubiquitous role has never been stronger. In addition to the important social services bpost provides, we are also one of the largest employers of short-schooled employees, offering them the opportunity to graduate from secondary school. You’ll have an impact on society and everyone in it.
…we dare. In an economy that forces us to evolve at lighting speed, we think and act fast. We work on short-term projects, since we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're decision-makers. We’re flexible. We think internationally (while our heart is in Belgium). And we work faster and more efficiently every day through robotization and automation. Because you’ll be working for the growth engine of the group.
…we work together. All the above with the realization that we're not alone. With over 34,000 employees in Belgium and across the globe, you will work in an environment that is driven by people. And our chain is only as strong as its weakest link (yes, cliche buster). That’s why we are permanently connected to the business and the teams on the ground. The human dimension is of great importance within our company, at all levels. We invest in machines, but we are built on people. They are the strength of our business.