Credit Risk Analyst
bpost is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment with challenging projects and inspiring collaborations, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
You can find bpost everywhere in Belgium and everyone is a customer of bpost at some point. Some buy stamps once a year to send Christmas cards, others are semi-professionals in online sales and make good use of our parcel services. But bpost also works closely with large and small companies where we sell our products and services.
To ensure this runs as smoothly as possible and that we have sufficient cash, bpost has a credit and collection team for which we are now looking for a Credit Analyst to act as the manager's right-hand. Of course, we would like to see people with a similar background as a Credit Analyst in a commercial company apply for this role, but experience in a collection agency or within a contracting department in a sales environment could also be interesting as well.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Credit analysis and Credit collection
As a Credit Expert you are responsible for the risk management of bpost and other group entities’ portfolio. Based on your validation of credit information (credit limit, rating, possible guarantees) and your analysis of the company’s balance sheet (reading of solvency reports, ratio calculation), you provide our sales department with financial recommendations and advise. In order to have a good understanding of the global Order to Cash Management process, you will also be responsible for the credit collection (recall letter, negotiations with the client) of a small client’s portfolio.
You will coordinate efforts amongst finance and sales department in order to resolve problems, for the benefit of the customer, with “customer satisfaction” value in mind.
Lean is your key word in your daily activities. From your role, you take a critical look at the processes and workflows that exist today. As an organisation in full change, it is also the intention to make efficiency gains within this area of expertise and we need you for this.
Dynamic and communicative, you should be able to interact effectively with various counterparts (internal and external). Key accountabilities would include:
- You hold a Master’s Degree with a financial orientation and you can rely on a first relevant experience in the finance department of a commercial company.
- Good notions of commercial law will be considered as an asset.
- In order to communicate with your internal and/or external customers, you should speak Dutch and French, but of course your international customers will also be happy to communicate with you in English.
- You are able to challenge with respect and convince with fact-based arguments.
- You are a driven individual and have demonstrated in previous experiences to take ownership and build autonomy within your domain, while at the same time integrating well within the team to jointly build the full picture.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia. In your role you will have a direct impact.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, with optimal support from all our internal services.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.