Corporate Tax Manager
bpostgroup is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Within the Group Tax department (HQ) we have the unique opportunity for a Group Tax Manager. If you have the will to immerse yourself as Specialist and Business Partner in corporate tax and transfer pricing matters, both on a local and international level, for one of the biggest Belgian companies with headquarters in Belgium, keep on reading, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
1. - Be a partner to the business by:
· Supporting and advising the business in their projects and initiatives including mergers & acquisitions, disposals, new services, reorganizations, etc.
· Ensuring that the business and the systems comply with all applicable tax laws and regulations
· Developing and monitoring the tax strategy for the group
2. - Supervise the correct application of the tax policies (Tax Governance, Transfer Pricing policy, Finance policy, etc.)
3. - Be the central point of contact for all transfer pricing matters:
· Setup of pricing for new intercompany flows
· Tackle ad hoc questions from the business
· Coordination of the TP reporting
· Coordination with our external advisors
· Perform second line controls
4. - Manage and analyze the tax aspects of the R&D programs within the group.
5. - Coordinate the corporate tax processes for the group. This includes:
· The tax compliance and tax reporting process of the foreign group entities and follow-up on their tax issues.
· Assist in further simplifying and automating the central reporting process.
6. - Manage the relationship with the tax authorities (such as negotiating agreements & rulings, providing answers to queries, support with tax audits).
7. - Follow-up on new national and international regulations (e.g. Pillar 2) and lead the implementation projects.
You combine a previous corporate tax experience with a strong personality, good communication- and interpersonal skills
We would like to emphasize the things below:
· You have a contagious passion for Tax and your Master's degree in law and/or economics combined with a special degree in Tax proves this.
· You have 8 to 10 years’ experience in (International) Corporate Tax and good notions of Transfer Pricing.
· You are a people manager and a team player and have been successful in helping junior profiles to grow in their career as a tax expert.
· You like to have impact: in this position you have a high exposure to internal (C-level) and external stakeholders.
· You have a hands-on and problem solving mentality and you like to work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
· You have strong communication skills in English, Dutch and French.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, a car, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits from more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia. In your role you will have a direct impact.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux with big ambitions and a strong transformation agenda. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, with optimal support from all our internal services.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.