Communication Expert Social Media Channels
Communication Expert Social Media
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
As Communication Expert you will be working together with the Head of Reputation & Content on the realization of communication projects at corporate level. You will also be responsible for the translation of corporate & strategic messages to the different audiences/stakeholders we want to reach, in order to contribute to the implementation of an optimal communication strategy.
As Communication Expert at bpost you are responsible for:
· Managing the different social media channels & optimize their reach. You actively look for relevant content and come up with realistic ideas that can be realized within the budget.
· Establishing a communication mechanism in line with the external communication strategy and according to different social media channels and target groups of the company. Evaluate the opportunities of each SoMe channel, both in terms of its role and its budgetary impact. Monitor the coherence of actions.
· Monitoring our brand identity and house style on social media and ensuring that everything is adapted to the target group.
· Creation of an action plan and implementation of the external communication projects. Substantive preparation of files: gathering information, writing out a storyline, preparing and publishing texts. Evaluate incoming questions/projects, challenge and prepare proposals in cooperation with other communication experts SoMe/head of group.
· Community management: Constantly following up tags and comments, handling and finalizing them. Always in close consultation with head of group, spokespersons, customer care and internal colleagues
· Together with the Digital Team, managing & optimizing the corporate website, in order to keep its content up to date and easy to consult,
· Measuring and adjusting the communication actions and the strategic communication plans in order to evaluate their impact via Rep Track’s.
· Formulate advice on the approach to external communication and supporting the business in the quality of their communication
· Progress and status reporting of the communication plans to the colleagues or project owners , to the Head of Group Reputation & Content, to the internal communication colleagues regarding activities that have an impact on other communication plans and projects
· Propose and develop a new innovative approach in using social media, in line with the current market trends
To succeed in this role you will need:
· At least 5-8 years’ experience in relevant environment
· A passion for communication & team player
· To think out-of-the-box
· To take initiative
· A good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
· To be a digital native with a thorough knowledge of social media: Knowing what “works” online, to keep up with the latest trends, not to be afraid to try out new concepts
· To know how to translate a message in the right format: text, video, animation,…. Combined with the creativity to work it out or produce it, and the fluent pen, to write exciting copy
· An analytical mindset to understand the performance and make data-driven recommendations
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· You will have the opportunity to participate in a project of great social importance.
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· Your role will be at the heart of an exciting change agenda for the company.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of over 34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.