Software Engineer – Landmark Global, a bpost company
Landmark Global is the international division of bpost, Belgium’s national postal service. Bpost employs more than 20,000 people, handles 3.9 billion items per year and delivers to more than five million addresses every day.
For more than a decade, Landmark Global, with its roots in Southern California, has enabled our customers to expand globally. Our business has grown from basic international mail and parcel delivery to full service, end-to-end solutions. This includes proprietary technology and trade consulting, which provides our clients the capability to sell to millions of customers worldwide.
Our technology is web-based, scalable and agile. Mercury, our proprietary web-based software, was developed on the foundations of our logistics expertise and client requests.
Our engineers are part of a small team supporting a commercial web-based application used around the world facilitating shipping millions of packages a year. Our engineers work across our technology stack and throughout the full software product lifecycle including architecture and design, front and backend implementation and on-going support.
The development team is integrally involved in supporting the new initiatives and ambitions of a large, but still growing business. Team members work across departments to help design and implement new features, while ensuring to lay a stable and maintainable foundation for our large codebase.
Tasks may include enhancements and fixes to existing web applications, integrations with new solution providers or custom implementations to support our clients. Best practices and design methods ensure the success of projects, but it is individual talent that makes them succeed. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in implementing and supporting internet applications in a LAMP environment.
Core responsibilities will include the following areas:
· Work within a small and dedicated team as a full stack engineer
· You will design, build and maintain the front-end and back-end of our flagship web application and related systems
· Work within a large codebase and write high quality, scalable code adhering to best practices
· Coordinate with the Solutions team to build and deliver new features
· Provide assistance and solutions for support requests from end-users in a timely manner
· Work across departments in project scoping and implementation design
· Provide input on the development roadmap as we design our platforms to facilitate our continuing growth around the world.
· Additional duties, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of professional experience as a Web Developer / Software Engineer
· Proficiency with web-based PHP development (or similar scripting language)
· Experience working with relational databases (i.e. MySQL). Table design and performance tuning experience is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills, comfortable working directly with non-technical colleagues
· A strong work ethic and self-motivated, with a desire to contribute and always be improving