Junior Operations Manager
Junior Operations Manager
Just like everyone else, you will undoubtedly have ordered one or more parcels over the last few months. In order to distribute the influx of mail & parcels as optimally as possible, our processes are fine-tuned and our services expanded. You may not know it, but a lot of our activities take place at night in order to be able to deliver our packages quickly and efficiently. Packages and letters come in to our sorting center, they are sorted and go out to the mail centers all over the country. Thanks to our night teams, we can order “next day delivery” packages online. We are looking for a Junior Operations Manager to strengthen our night-shift.
What does a Jr Operations Manager do?
- You monitor and manage the day-to-day (or should we say “night-to-night”) production activities and make sure everything goes smoothly. And if not, you stay calm, think quicky and come up with a solution in a short deadline.
- As a night Operations Manager you will guide, coach, motivate and supervise 150-250 employees in the nightshift of your operational site. It goes without saying that you are a people-person.
- Within your domain you are constantly looking to improve. You make sure that you make the right operational and technical proposals to take part in the battle and to serve our customer as quickly as possible. As a team player collect new ideas by doing brainstorms, challenge ideas and test ideas on site.You will get the opportunity to sell new ideas to management and to operational workers alike.
Is it you?
- You get things done and have an open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions, without losing eye of the details
- You speak Dutch or French and have a very good knowledge of the second national language. You have a working knowledge of English.
- You have a master degree and maximum 2 year experience. But more important is that you go for stronger, better and further. You think and act outside-of-the-mail&parcel and have the right drive to help write the future of bpost.
- You have a drivers licence
- You don’t mind working the night shift
This is us
As an international provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits:
- Of course you will get a competitive monthly salary
- lunch vouchers
- hospitalization insurance
- group insurance
- disability insurance
- a bonus
- function car
- the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave
- an end-of-year premium
- double holiday pay
- fixed expenses
- many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
But this is where we really stand out:
- Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe and Asia.
- You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
- The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique. And we will prove it.
- We give you the freedom and confidence to go for it to the fullest. Are you looking for a fast paced and changing environment, where one day is never the same as the next one? Look no further!