Data Protection Legal Expert
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
bpost operates in a complex regulatory environment which is constantly changing and provides both risks and opportunities. The compliance with the new regulation on the protection of personal data for a company the size of bpost is a major challenge since bpost is processing a lot of personal data and is in constant evolution.
That is why we are looking for a Data Protection Legal Expert for our Corporate Compliance & Data Protection Department. The role of the department is key to help the management navigate in this challenging eco-system in a compliant and ethical manner.
As a Data Protection Legal Expert, you will be responsible for ensuring that our company adheres to all the legal standards as well as internal policies and procedures. The GDPR compliance program will become your biggest challenge. You will advise and assist internal customers in order to guarantee compliance of personal data processing carried out by bpost in accordance with the legal and regulatory provisions.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Data Protection Legal Expert you will among others:
- Carry out analyses of the legality of personal data processing and make recommendations.
- Assist the Business Units in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Act as a contact person for the Business Units in order to inform them about the creation of new tools, collect information and follow up on recommendations.
- Develop standard tools and documents (standard conventions, guidelines, standard letters, etc.).
- Monitor compliance with data protection laws and policies of the organisation.
- Answer questions and participate in the possible investigations of the Data Protection Authority.
- Assist in drafting of privacy information notices.
- Prepare and give internal awareness trainings in order to make employees aware of their obligations, risks and the use of standard tools.
- Keep abreast of all evolutions and developments in existing regulations applicable to Privacy and Data Protection in order to be able to provide adequate support and update internal policies in line with these developments.
- Carry out specialized legal researches in the field of more complex data processing (international transfers, processing of sensitive data, camera imaging, etc.).
- Give support on data breach notifications.
- Assist the Business Units in the negotiation of data processing agreements.
In your role of Data Protection Legal Expert, you are clearly a dynamic team player who combines solid strategic thinking with an innovative and creative approach. We highlight the following qualities:
- You have a proven track record (at least 5 years of experience) as Privacy legal counsel in a medium or large company, combined with a master degree in Law.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Belgian, European & International regulations in the scope of Privacy and Data Protection.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication for legality and high ethical standards are the foundations of your professional background.
- You have experience in project management.
- You can think analytically and solve problems.
- You can work under pressure, with an eye for detail and with tight deadlines.
- You have strong influencing and networking skills (thanks to your engaging character, your flexibility and your inclusive character).
- You have strong communication skills, in Dutch, French and English.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
- You have an impact on the outside world, because as an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we connect millions of people, businesses and communities.
- You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our many training programs and the many career opportunities.
- In the coming years, bpost group will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core competences. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all, it creates many challenging projects (from which you get full ownership).
- The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpost culture are unique. And we will prove it.
- You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
- You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
- You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
- With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.