Sustainability Performance and Analytics Expert
bpostgroup is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment of challenging projects, inspiring partnerships and state-of-the-art technology, with attractive job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
bpostgroup wants to be a reference in sustainability in Belgium and all markets in which it operates.
Are you looking for a job that makes sense? One that is aligned with your values? Are you inspired by sustainability issues? Do you want to play a direct role and have an impact?
Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) issues are at the heart of the Group’s strategy. Already today, the bpostgroup is recognized by different rating agencies as a top tier ESG-performer and bpost is committed to expand its ESG efforts in the next decades. In this context, we are expanding our sustainability team. The primary objective of the Sustainability Performance and Analytics Expert will be to collect, analyze, and interpret data related to ESG metrics and to drive the data & digital transformation in terms of sustainability data. You will be part of a motivated, growing team, and play a crucial role in supporting the organization's sustainability goals by providing accurate and actionable insights through data-driven reporting and analysis.
Data Collection and Management
· Gather and organize diverse sets of sustainability (Environmental, Social and Governance) data from various sources, stakeholders and subsidiaries, including internal systems and external databases, ensuring data accuracy and reliability.
· Perform in-depth analysis of sustainability data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
· Perform gap analysis between our KPI’s and scores of various ratings and comparable companies.
· Perform benchmarking studies.
· Utilize statistical techniques to uncover meaningful insights.
Data and Digital Transformation
· Together with the technology department, drive the data & digital transformation in terms of non-financial data.
· Assess the market for available tools.
· Prioritize the data sources to be automated.
· Define data requirements and granularity.
· Develop regular sustainability reports, dashboards, and visualizations to communicate key performance indicators (KPIs) to internal and external stakeholders.
· Monitor the progress of sustainability initiatives, track KPIs, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the effectiveness of sustainability strategies.
· Engage with stakeholders throughout the company and propose and initiate actions to improve or correct the monitored KPI’s.
· Data Quality Assurance.
· Implement quality control procedures to ensure data integrity, consistency, and compliance with relevant reporting standards.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather data inputs, understand reporting requirements, and address inquiries related to sustainability data.
· Engage with Stakeholders to take actions to improve bpostgroup’s performance in sustainability.
· Stay updated with evolving sustainability reporting regulations and standards to ensure accurate and timely compliance (GRI, ESRS, TCFD, SASB,…).
In your role of Sustainability Performance and Analytics Expert, you are clearly a strong project manager with excellent data analytics and reporting capabilities, as well as strong presentation skills. You are a team player who combines solid strategic thinking with a hands-on approach. We highlight the following qualities:
· You hold a Master’s degree preferably in Environment and/or strong analytical fields (engineering, economics…) with already 3 to 5 years of proven experience.
· You have a strong interest and a real motivation to develop yourself in the domain of sustainability. You are eager to learn the sustainable norms and market.
· Project management has no secrets for you and you are an expert in organization and planning.
· You enjoy working with large sets of data in order to generate insights and immerse yourself in sustainable reporting and -assessments/ratings. A familiarity with sustainability reporting frameworks (GRI, SASB, CDP) and ESG standards is a plus.
· You should be proficient in the use of data analysis tools, such as Excel, Alteryx, Python and have experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or others.
· As a strong communicator, you have influencing and networking skills. You are able to explain and present complex data findings clearly and concisely. You can manage internal (other BU's, ICT) and external stakeholders (providers, partners, international customers).
· You like motivating people to ensure continued embedding of the sustainable guidelines.
· To effectively communicate within the group, you should be fluent in Dutch or French and have a good level in English.
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, healthcare insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, a car, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
This is where we really distinguish ourselves:
· You'll be working in a job that you'll be proud of, because it makes a direct contribution to sustainability.
· You have a real impact on reducing the environmental impact, improving the social conditions of a hyper diverse workforce of a large international group.
· You can be part of a sustainability program, leading in its industry and un-paralleled in Belgium.
· You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our training programs and the career opportunities.
· In the coming years, bpost group will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpost culture are unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
· You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
· You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.