ICT Product Owner
ICT Product Owner
bpost has taken the ramp to the digital highway. We want to implement a digital transformation through agile projects. Your internal customers are located within the various sales channels of bpost and within the supply chain (collect, transport, sorting, distribution). To strengthen our team we are looking for a motivated product owner. You will support the business to develop a product vision and implement the project back log. We are looking for someone who can think out of the box, combining creativity with pragmatism to reach the optimal solution.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Product Owner, your day will mainly made of the following challenges:
- You manage (planning, content, execution) the technological aspects of strategic projects
- You coordinate and prioritize the backlog to maximize business value
- You define the sprint planning together with the business and the scrum master
- You represent the team for the project stakeholders
- You work together with the agile team on a daily basis and you educate the agile team in the business domain
- You negotiate the scope, the budget, the planning & the priorities
- You facilitate the requirements modelling process
- You clarify features and user stories with the business stakeholders and the development team with the help of the business analysts or the product managers
- You ensure that the developed solution meets the defined needs with innovation as the main driver
- You support ICT with the introduction of the solution including testing and training
- You ensure delivery to business with the help of the corresponding teams
- You identify recurring problems and you formulate proposals for solutions
- You communicate and report in the progress of the project to management and stakeholders
In your role of Product Owner, you are a dynamic team player who combines creativity with pragmatism and communication skills. However, we would like to emphasize the following:
· You have a master’s degree in a relevant field combined with a proven track record of 3 years in a similar position.
· You have a feeling for ICT and affinity with the digital world.
· Experience in working with Agile methodologies is a must, project management is a plus.
· You have a very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
· You have a "can do" mentality and you are not afraid to take initiatives.
· You can work under pressure, with an eye for details and with tight deadlines.
· You have a positive and open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions.
· Curiosity and collaboration are your inner drivers
Why bpost ?
bpost group is a modern and efficient postal operator with a network of more than 1,336 postal outlets, providing the universal service in Belgium, serving every letterbox five days a week and delivering around 7 million letters and 250,000 parcels on a daily basis, as well as banking and insurance services (through bpost bank).
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, a car, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
This is where we really distinguish ourselves:
· You have an impact on the outside world, because as an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we connect millions of people, businesses and communities.
· You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our many training programs and the many career opportunities.
· In the coming years, bpost group will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core competences. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all, it creates many challenging projects (from which you get full ownership).
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpost culture are unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
· You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
· You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.