bpost group is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
bpost is well known for his sorting and delivering activities. Those activities has to be compliant with environmental legal aspects. The E&E department is responsible for this compliance.
The department is also responsible to monitor changes in environmental legislation and ensure that bpost is compliant with the legal framework. There is also a growing importance of sustainability for bpost group and the E&E department is playing an important role in reporting and developing initiatives within this framework
As Expert Environment , you participate in the management of the E&E Competence Centre and its impact on the various domains: Environmental management system (ISO14001); environmental permits, soil pollutionwaste management and asbestos inventories, in order to be in line with applicable legislation and standards and contribute to the achievement of bpost's E&E objectives.
In particular, for the environmental part, you make sure that bpost is compliant with the corresponding legislation of the Flemish region
You inform and raise the awareness of the business to participate in the correct implementation of the decisions taken and this through various communication channels.
1. Managing environmental permits/notifications:
· Draw up an inventory of all environmental permits and notifications, follow up these files and their expiry dates, realise the environmental permits and notifications;
· Ensuring that all buildings and premises used by bpost in the regions comply with the relevant legislation;
· Supervise the environmental inspectors and find a solution to the remarks with the local managers or the Service Operation team.
2. Promote environmentally friendly purchases in collaboration with Procurement and ensure that all kinds of environmental measures are taken into account (production process, recycling, take-back obligation, sustainability).
3. ISO 14001 : Environmental management system :
Monitoring and implementing the environmental management system (ISO 14001) in bpost's sorting centers. More specifically, this will involve supporting the local teams in the management of the environmental management system, planning external audits and ensuring that they are carried out correctly.
4. Managing the waste policy:
· Help define and implement bpost's waste policy in accordance with the applicable standards and laws and help realise the added value of this policy;
· Supervising the tenders related to the waste policy;
· Finding solutions and implementing them for general and specific waste problems;
· Maintain and realise legal notifications in the waste register;
· Negotiate with the competent authorities.
5. Coordinate soil files in the region:
· Coordinate and manage soil tests;
· Arranging and managing the periodic, exploratory and descriptive soil surveys and soil remediation projects;
· Negotiate with soil remediation experts and competent authorities;
· Coordinating interventions in the event of accidental pollution.
6. Coordinate actions on:
- Fuel oil tanks
· Intervention in case of accidental pollution due to overfilling and/or leaks;
· Follow-up of emission measurements on the combustion plants.
· Drawing up, monitoring and managing asbestos inventories and management programmes for buildings in the region.
· Follow up and manage the status of asbestos files.
7. Manage environmental taxes with Tax Management, manage environmental risks with Risk Management.
8. Conduct awareness/training campaigns and introduce tools on environment, waste management, RUE (Rational Use of Energy) and asbestos within the different post entities and more specifically for the Building Project Leaders.
9. Collaboration with ESG department and support of projects in the context of ESG (Sustainablity) including sustainablity reporting;
You combine a strong interest for environment matters,. More particularly, the candidate should successfully demonstrate following experience & competences:
· You have an academical background in engineering (industrial, civil, bio) or Master’s degree in sciences;
· You hold a Certificate to perform the regulated function on environment, bound to the region (in this case for Flanders), preferably environmental coordinator level B. If you don’t hold this certificate, you should be ready to invest time in this training journey;
· Thorough knowledge of environmental matters and environmental legislation;
· In order to monitor the environmental legislation in Flanders, you should have a perfect knowledge of Dutch and a good knowledge of French and English;
· Driving licence B.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, function car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits from more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia. In your role you will have a direct impact.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux with big ambitions and a strong transformation agenda. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, with optimal support from all our internal services.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.