Category Manager ICT - International
Category Manager ICT International
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story.
Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic business partner. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Category Expert, ICT who will help drive this transformation across all bpost Group entities in Europe, North America and Asia. You will report directly into the head of Procurement, be responsible for the category management and strategic procurement activities of the ICT category.
About your function
The Category Expert ICT provides vision and leadership for the sourcing of ICT, which covers on premise infrastructure, datacenter services, cloud, server, storage management, network management, database management and security operations. You will provide guidance, counsel and strategic advice to the procurement team and wider organization in matters related to ICT procurement.
You will use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to (re)define the (sub-)categories, define robust Category and Sourcing Strategies as well as Supplier Management activities. You will establish and lead cross-functional teams of stakeholders to define and execute the Category Strategy, guiding the cross-functional team through key Strategic Sourcing projects in a structured way and create value for the organization.
· Developing a strategic vision and plan for the (sub-)categories in your scope (incl. but not limited to profiling, channel strategy, innovation, supply market analyses & segmentation) in collaboration with a cross-functional team to create breakthroughs, achieve quick wins and/or foster innovation
· Implementing all aspects of this strategy, incl. but not limited to strategic planning, sourcing roadmap, stakeholder management.
· Strategic sourcing for your (sub-)categories with a focus on TCO optimization and a deep understanding of the business needs.
· Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of framework agreements and the execution of the high-value spot buys.
· Developing and maintaining supplier relationships with key suppliers to realize and maintain TCO optimizations incl. defining supplier performance improvement plans when necessary.
Ensure the implementation of your category strategy happens in the most efficient way and focusses on improving the buying capacity of the procurement organization.
Change & Communication
As the procurement organization is evolving, you will focus on the change aspects of your category design and implementation and will communicate to different stakeholders within the organization.
· Motivated to drive transformation in an international and dynamic environment
· Takes ownership and can autonomously drive initiatives
· Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
· Deep understanding of the business needs in the short, mid and long term
· 10 or more years of experience in strategic procurement and category management in a large enterprise
· Excellence in business partnering & stakeholder alignment
· Experience in implementing, applying and successfully execute contract management
· Proven Working experience in an international context
· Track record in supporting matrix teams within a group procurement organization
· Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
· Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, supplier management & development …
· Expertise in ICT, awareness of industry trends, and security best practices (GDPR, DORA, NIS…)
· Category management approach: category profile analysis, TCO mindset, opportunity identification …
· Knowledge of public procurement would be a plus
· ICT expertise in the following domains:
ü Software & Applications : SaaS & software licenses as well as T&C’s
ü Infrastructure Services : data centre & hosting services, networking and server & storage
ü Telecom : cloud solutions, mobile voice & data, LAN, Wi-Fi, leased lines and WAN connectivity
ü Outsourcing Partners & Services : application implementation, management & aftercare
ü Client Devices : printing & copy, scanning, small IT and workforce IT devices
Other required capabilities
· Project management skills: prioritization, coordination, risk management, …
· Change management & communication skills
· Strong influencing and (senior) stakeholder management skills
· Willingness to travel (occasionally)
bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.