Transport Manager Air
Transport Manager Air - EMC
bpost is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment of challenging projects, inspiring partnerships and state-of-the-art technology, with attractive job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
In this context, we are looking for a Transport Manager Air to strengthen our International Sorting Center located in Brucargo, someone who will manage and optimise air transport and routing within and out of Europe from a performance and cost perspective.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Transport Manager Air, you supervise international air transport, import and export of postal freight, cargo freight and international flows. You organize the transport and the exchange procedures with all postal administrators and private distributors worldwide, and negotiate the price with airlines.
· You procure all Air transport for the Cross border Europe division , MSO, bpack and Landmark Global BE/NL
o You manage a transport budget of in total ca. 15 mio €
Managing the periodical tenders, according to Belgian and European tender procedures
o You lead negotiations with air transport companies in order to obtain optimal price/quality service for the transport of Landmark Global’s postal and cargo flows
o You set-up contracts between bpost NV and transport companies
· You coordinate and organize the export of letter mail, parcels and EMS worldwide in accordance with quality requirements of bpost
o You determine the transport routes
o You ensure the quality and efficiency of the selected transport solutions on a daily basis
o You report to management and take corrective and pro-active actions towards the transport suppliers which don’t respect the procedures and quality objectives
· You maintain worldwide (All UPU countries, thus specific transport requirements on country base) the operational relationship with postal companies and private distributors:
o You make concrete agreements about the exchange of postal shipments with those companies
o You monitor daily the punctual and correct in -and outbound of postal activities
o You take in consultation with all partners preventive and corrective actions in order to manage the exchange of postal shipments
o You ensure correct and complete data flows for all international linehauls
· You manage a team of 2 air planners
· In collaboration with Finance, you verify the transport invoices and take corrective actions towards transport suppliers that don’t respect the procedures or the discussed rates
In your role of Transport Manager Air, you are a solution oriented team player who combines strong customer orientation with a conceptual way of thinking. You are able to manage stakeholders in English, French and Dutch.
However, we would like to emphasize the following:
· You have a master’s degree in a relevant field combined with a proven track record of at least 5 years in a similar position and a deep knowledge of Cargo and Air regulations.
· You have a feeling for ICT.
· You have a positive and open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions.
· You have strong influencing and networking skills (thanks to your engaging nature, flexibility and high EQ).
· You can work under pressure, with an eye for details and with tight deadlines.
· Out of the box thinking
· Performance & cost management are your inner drivers
Why bpost ?
bpost group is a modern and efficient postal operator with a network of more than 1,336 postal outlets, providing the universal service in Belgium, serving every letterbox five days a week and delivering around 7 million letters and 250,000 parcels on a daily basis, as well as banking and insurance services (through bpost bank).
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, a car, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
This is where we really distinguish ourselves:
· You have an impact on the outside world, because as an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we connect millions of people, businesses and communities.
· You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our many training programs and the many career opportunities.
· In the coming years, bpost group will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core competences. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all, it creates many challenging projects (from which you get full ownership).
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpost culture are unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
· You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
· You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.