Trade Services process manager
Trade Services process manager
bpost is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programmes for everyone.
In a world where e-commerce is becoming more and more important, we are looking for an Trade Service Process manager to strengthen Landmark Global.
About the job
You will be responsible for the optimisation of Quality and Productivity of the Customs department through process improvements, automation and coaching and mentoring of employees in order to provide a good service to our customers that also contributes to the profitability of the company. A glimpse of your to do’s:
· Responsible for the continuous improvement and optimisation of all Customs and Tax processes
· Assisting the Director Customs and coaching of supervisors and employees to guide quality and knowledge improvement
· Managing the Trade Compliance Manager Europe
· As a member of the management team of Landmark Trade Services Belgium, implement, monitor and adjust customs processes
· Representative of bpost for customs related issues in international organisations: Universal Postal Union, World Customs Organisation, International Postal Corporation.
· Follow-up of trade services projects for customers and other companies of the bpost group. You will advise the customers and bpost group companies on different subjects as: EU VAT rules, import and export customs regulations, onboarding new international customers,
It goes without saying that you are a customer-oriented team player with strong communication skills.
Furthermore, we would like to emphasise the following:
· You have a background in continuous improvement and process optimalisations.
· Knowledge of Customs processes and procedures are a plus.
· You have good communication skills, you are assertive, customer-oriented and you have team spirit.
· You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
· You show sound judgment & diplomatic capabilities to navigate through confidential and sensitive matters.
· You work accurately, with order and attention to details.
Like many other companies, we offer a nice package of benefits in addition to a monthly salary, including meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 extra statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay, a lump-sum reimbursement of expenses and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Is the vacancy above something for you? Then you're definitely someone who cares, who dares and who likes to work together. Because at bpost Parcels & Logistics…
…we care. bpost has always acted as a kind of link between people, societies and companies. Due to digitization, there is less contact between people, but our connecting and ubiquitous role has never been stronger. In addition to the important social services bpost provides, we are also one of the largest employers of short-schooled employees, offering them the opportunity to graduate from secondary school. You’ll have an impact on society and everyone in it.
…we dare. In an economy that forces us to evolve at lighting speed, we think and act fast. We work on short-term projects, since we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're decision-makers. We’re flexible. We think internationally (while our heart is in Belgium). And we work faster and more efficiently every day through robotization and automation. Because you’ll be working for the growth engine of the group.
…we work together. All the above with the realization that we're not alone. With over 34,000 employees in Belgium and across the globe, you will work in an environment that is driven by people. And our chain is only as strong as its weakest link (yes, cliché buster). That’s why we are permanently connected to the business and the teams on the ground. The human dimension is of great importance within our company, at all levels. We invest in machines, but we are built on people. They are the strength of our business.