E-Commerce Solution Engineer
Radial, a bpost group company, is the global leader in omnichannel commerce technology and operations.
Premier brands around the world confidently partner with Radial to deliver their brand promises, anticipate and respond to industry disruption, and compete in a rapidly evolving market.
Radial's innovative solutions connect retailers and customers through advanced omnichannel technologies, efficient B2C and B2B fulfillment, shipping, supply chain services, intelligent payments and fraud protection and insightful customer care services – especially where high-value customer experiences are critical. We are flexible, scalable, and focused on our clients' business objectives.
To support Radial’s European expansion, we are looking for a professional individual to support our team as a Solutions Design Engineer:
· Deliver innovative and smart designs for new contracts and renewal opportunities that enable our customers to be successful with the right cost balance.
· Develop responses to RFPs and contract renewals for e-commerce clients
· Solutions Design: analyse, profile and validate customer needs to model fulfillment and distribution processes, including, but not limited to, process flows for all functional areas, MHE requirements (rolling equipment), capital investment, productivity rates for direct labor functions, headcount estimation, space requirements and storage media and working closely with the Fulfillment Systems team to help define WMS requirements
· Teamwork: Partner with Sales, Pricing, and Operations to deliver innovative solutions that maximize customer value and reach Radial profitability goals
· Clients Presentations: Lead sales solutions presentations to different client stakeholders, including executives as well as site operators
· Innovation & Automation: Partner with internal Innovation experts and external Solutions Integrators to drive new automated solutions for e-commerce. Develop extended knowledge on developments in the market.
· Continuous improvement: Ability to be part of a continuous learning culture where internal tools and processes are standardized and optimized based on learnings and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
· Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities and timeframes simultaneously
· Skills in organizing projects, managing time and priorities
· Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills
· Advanced software skills including Excel and AutoCAD
· Highly organized, ability to create standardization across discrete activities
· Use influence to gain consensus and alignment across organizational functions
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Process oriented and continuous improvement mindset
· Able to deliver calmly under stress
· Team player, ability to coach other team members
Work Experience and Education
· 3+ years of proven experience with engineering in a distribution, fulfillment, and/or 3PL environment
· Experience in supply chain sales solutions, solutions engineering, business development for a 3PL preferred
· Ability to build PowerPoint and other materials and collateral required to communicate complex supply chain solutions for C-Level internal and external executive audiences
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering required, Industrial Engineering preferred
· Excellent knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
· Ability to travel upon request up to 20-25% - travel is related, but not limited to, site tours and/or client meetings/presentations
· Attractive compensation and development opportunities
· The chance to work with a very motivated international team of experienced internet professionals
· Our innovative approach to commerce enables individuals to experience the latest trends first hand, with each individual helping to shape the shopping experiences of the future
· Opportunity for international exposure via Radial’s network of global locations