Forecasting & quality expert
Bpost is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment of challenging projects, inspiring partnerships and state-of-the-art technology, with attractive job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our new colleague will integrate the necessary market and customer requirements into the parcel volume forecast in order to trigger the needed capacity in the Belgian distribution network, for the cross border packages who will enter Belgium. In addition you will handle the daily quality follow-up and reporting to management of the sales forecast and quality results.
Are these responsibilities for you?
As our forecasting & quality expert you will;
· Use the analytical, marketing, and sales/customer data to effectively estimate parcel product demand. In this context, closely work with our sales & marketing teams, but also directly with the major e-tailer partners
· Prepare and participate in forecast review meetings with the sales & marketing teams to understand the product & market growth initiatives.
· Challenge the sales forecast both with sales & operations teams
· Collaborate with our operations teams by providing sales forecast input so they can anticipate incoming volume & develop operational plan
· Continuously improve forecast process in order to always better meet customer needs among other thanks to a strong feedback-loop process
· Prepare & communicate reports on the forecast;
· Follow-up and report on quality (distribution, scan%, etc) of cross-border packages in Belgian network
· Together with Operations, Transport & other teams, follow-up and develop actions to improve quality.
Skills for Success:
Master's degree supplemented with a first work experience. A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality;
· Accurate with numbers;
· Analytical and critical mindset;
· Good communicator;
· Good knowledge of Excel;
· Proficiency in written and spoken English; French and Dutch are a plus.
Why bpost ?
Like many other companies, we offer a nice package of benefits in addition to a monthly salary, including meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 extra statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay, a lump-sum reimbursement of expenses and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Is the vacancy above something for you? Then you're definitely someone who cares, who dares and who likes to work together. Because at bpost Parcels & Logistics…
…we care. bpost has always acted as a kind of link between people, societies and companies. Due to digitization, there is less contact between people, but our connecting and ubiquitous role has never been stronger. In addition to the important social services bpost provides, we are also one of the largest employers of short-schooled employees, offering them the opportunity to graduate from secondary school. You’ll have an impact on society and everyone in it.
…we dare. In an economy that forces us to evolve at lighting speed, we think and act fast. We work on short-term projects, since we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're decision-makers. We’re flexible. We think internationally (while our heart is in Belgium). And we work faster and more efficiently every day through robotization and automation. Because you’ll be working for the growth engine of the group.
…we work together. All the above with the realization that we're not alone. With over 34,000 employees in Belgium and across the globe, you will work in an environment that is driven by people. And our chain is only as strong as its weakest link (yes, cliche buster). That’s why we are permanently connected to the business and the teams on the ground. The human dimension is of great importance within our company, at all levels. We invest in machines, but we are built on people. They are the strength of our business.