Young Professional - Distri South
More than 37.000 amazing faces at bpost group work every day to bring millions of people closer together. Friendly, bold, fun-loving, dedicated: the faces in this tight-knit team are especially welcoming to talented, enthusiastic young people. Want to get to know your future colleagues? Check wearebpost.be!
bpost is always on the move and makes life easier thanks to innovative logistics services and intelligent e-commerce solutions. And for you, that means a lot of challenging projects to dive into. We give you the freedom and confidence to go for it to the fullest.
Just like a hundred thousand other Belgians, you will undoubtedly have ordered one or more parcels during Covid-19. In order to distribute the influx of mail & parcels as optimally as possible, our processes are fine-tuned and our services expanded. You want to be part of the team who determines the future operational network and processes for these new parcel services, ensure a successful launch and upscaling of these new services? Then apply today to be one of our Distribution Project leader Brussels & Brabant Walloon.
Is this mission for you?
Are you looking for a fast paced and changing environment, where one day is not how the next one will look? As a Young Professional you will have the unique opportunity to optimize processes and launch new services. Here are the skills that you will have to put into practice on a regular basis:
· You are responsible for the process design and analysis of your project. You create different scenarios for volumes, costs, pricing and check whether they fit into the picture operationally.
· You document and prepare your business case for all relevant parties: management, unions, internal customers, ...
· You are responsible for reporting all relevant information, data and processes to the various parties involved.
· You create your network within the company and build a reliable and efficient collaboration with all parties involved in your projects.
· You communicate actively on all matters related to your projects.
· You will get the opportunity to sell this new ideas to management and to operational workers alike.
· You are a team player: collect new ideas by doing brainstorms, challenge each other ideas and test these ideas on site.
The number of parcels is increasing, the competition is fierce and our customers expects his parcel to be delivered faster and faster. Within your domain you make sure that you make the right operational and technical proposals to take part in the battle and to serve our customer as quickly as possible.
In your role of Project Leader, you are a dynamic teamplayer who combines strong analytical skills with a pragmatic and polyvalent approach.
In addition, we would like to highlight the following qualities:
· You have a master degree
Did you graduate last year or the year before that? Then you're certainly welcome!
· You speak Dutch or French very well and have a good knowledge of the second national language. You have a working knowledge of English.
· You go for stronger, better and further. You think and act outside-of-the-mail&parcel and have the right drive to help write the future of bpost.
· You can work under pressure, with an eye for details and with tight deadlines.
· You are eager to develop a business and operation acumen.
· You have a positive and open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions.
· You are flexible and depending on the project you are working on, you’re willing to work sometimes in nightshifts or sometimes during the weekend.
· You are a good communicator and love working with people.
· You are in possession of a drive license who permits you to go meet all bpost colleagues on several regions in Belgium.
Just like many other companies, we offer an attractive package of benefits alongside your monthly salary, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, the regular 20 days’ annual leave plus an additional seven days’ leave, an end-of-year premium, double holiday pay, fixed expenses and many benefits at more than a hundred bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Is the vacancy above something for you? Then you're definitely someone who cares, who dares and who likes to work together. Because at bpost…
…we care. bpost has always acted as a kind of link between people, communities and companies. Due to digitization, there is less contact between people, but our connecting and ubiquitous role has never been stronger. In addition to the important social services bpost provides, we are also one of the largest employers of short-schooled employees, offering them the opportunity to grow professionally and personally by continuing scholarship and get higher graduations. You’ll have an impact on society and everyone in it.
…we dare. In an economy that forces us to evolve at lighting speed, we think and act fast. We work on short-term projects, since we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're decision-makers. We’re flexible. We think internationally (while our heart is in Belgium). And we work faster and more efficiently every day through robotization and automation. Because you’ll be working for the growth engine of the group.
…we work together. All the above with the realization that we're not alone. With over 37,000 employees in Belgium and across the globe, you will work in an environment that is driven by people. And our chain is only as strong as its weakest link (yes, cliche buster). That’s why we are permanently connected to the business and the teams on the ground. The human dimension is of great importance within our company, at all levels. We invest in machines, but we are built on people. They are the strength of our business.
Feel like putting your shoulders to the wheel in this growing mail & parcel world?
Send your CV now!