Bpost is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment of challengingprojects, inspiring partnerships and state-of-the-art technology, with attractive job opportunities and training programs for every employee.
Diversification is important to bpost. Just think of the number plates for cars that you can drop off at the post office. But did you know that bpost also works closely with the FPS Justice for the processing of fines? As a service manager, you can contribute to that story!
The fines department is responsible for the complete handling and processing of the fines. A good contact with the FPS Justice is essential for this.
As a service manager you are responsible for communication and solving problems, in order to meet the expectations of the FPS Justice. You also proactively identify opportunities for new solutions that bpost can develop for the FPS Justice with the aim of further optimizing the processing of fines.
About the job
The job as a service manager consists of 2 large parts, for which communication skills are key.
On the one hand, you are the first point of contact for both the FPS Justice and your colleagues at bpost…
- You are a reliable listener for your contacts at the FPS Justice. You build a relationship with them so that they know they can come to you with questions or problems.
- You translate the needs of your contacts and ensure that your bpost colleagues understand those needs and can take the right actions.
- When those actions have been taken, you follow up with the FPS Justice and make adjustments if necessary.
- You are the authority within bpost for your domain and through your network within the FPS Justice you are aware of the most recent legislative and operational changes.
And on the other hand, there is a business component:
- The ambitious colleagues of the solutions department are counting on you to identify opportunities for bpost, so that bpost can expand its offering for the Justice department. Identified a lead? You inform your colleagues!
- The FPS Justice counts on bpost (and on you as its representative) to develop optimization proposals and implement them together with Justice.
- You have a higher degree, preferably in a relevant field (criminology, legal, political sciences, communication…).
- Relevant professional experience and / or a background in fines (traffic, criminal, crossborder) is a plus but if you are a motivated young graduate, you are more than welcome to apply too.
- You have knowledge of Dutch, French (one of these two should be very good) and English.
- You are enterprising, you take initiative and you are a real problem solver.
- You are a service-minded networker.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and a focus on delivery.
Like many other companies, we offer a monthly salary (with an end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay) as well as an attractive benefits package, including a car, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, variable bonus, 20 days statutory leave plus 7 extra days offered by bpost and benefits from more than 100 partners.
Bpost is Belgium’s leading postal operator, delivering mail and happiness to millions of doorsteps every day. At the Sales & Marketing Mail department it is our goal to connect businesses, citizens and the public sector by managing both physical and digital communication for them. We thrive on innovation and data, and we breathe digital - although we love the smell of paper, of course. In Home Advertising brings it to the heart of the home, right where the magic happens. We believe in the power of paper in a digital world, and the power of digital in an offline world.
Is this vacancy something for you? Then you're definitely someone who wants to make things happen. Because the future of mail is hybrid, and we are looking for people who want to be at the heart of this transformation.