bpost group is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Within the General Ledger department, we have the unique opportunity to have a global picture on the financial transactions of bpost NV. If you have the will to immerse yourself in Oracle Fusion (ERP), bpost’s monthly “last mile” closing and bpost’s statutory reporting, make sure to react quickly!
· Supervision of the closing of bpost NV (BGAAP+IFRS) and owner of some key sections,
· Ensure the correctness of monthly results (costs and revenues) and assist the external auditors in their review,
· Take responsibility for IFRS entries, their follow-up and final control,
· Absorb knowledge about bpost's payroll process and gradually take responsibility for the process (Reconciliation 325, Various payroll bookings, Quality Meetings, etc…),
· Responsible in creating the statutory annual accounts,
· Coordinate and finalize the annual package for the Joint Committee,
· AOP (account ownership process – internal control), owner of a number of accounts and/or certain groups of accounts.
· Invest heavily in the oracle cloud tool, it will essentially involve :
- Assimilate, understand and apply the set-up;
- Have a perfect mastery of the General Ledger module and be able to handle the subledger level;
- Master the comprehension, be able to develop OTBI and BI reports on your own;
- Responsible for quarterly release update testing (new functionality, insure previous release bug fixes, detect the possible regression from business side).
- Responsible for quarterly Revaluation Process.
As Senior Accountant in the GL team, you combine a theoretical or practical knowledge of accounting with good communication- and interpersonal skills and a critical mindset:
We would like to emphasize the things below:
· You have a contagious passion for accounting and your Bachelor in Finance & Accounting proves this;
- 3 to 5 years' of experience in a GL departement of a large and complex organisation, and preferably with payroll accounting responsibilities;
· Good knowledge of BGAAP accounting standards, and knowledge IFRS (willing to invest in this knowledge in combination with on the job learning);
· Good analytical skills enabling you to rigorously deep dive into details while maintaining a helicopter view and an aptitude to convey conclusions in a comprehensible way;
· You speak either French or Dutch and have a good knowledge of the second language and English.
· Proficient user of Excel (pivot tables and vlookup functions)
· Oracle Cloud or ERP basis knowledge is a plus.
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia. In your role you will have a direct impact.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique. And we will prove it.
· You can focus 100% on your job, with optimal support from all our internal services.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.