Operations Supervisor BX Parcels
bpost is always on the move. For our people, we create an environment of challenging projects, inspiring partnerships and state-of-the-art technology, with attractive job opportunities and training programmes for everyone.
In this context, we are looking for an Operations Supervisor for our Parcels Sorting Center in Brussels (Neder-Over-Hembeeck), which is playing a key role in the development of our E-Commerce & logistic strategy. Someone who will coordinate the night shift.
Is this mission for You?
As Operations Supervisor, you monitor the production activities within your shift (night shift), in close collaboration with your colleagues supervisors and the Production Manager:
- You define with the Production Manager the Annual Plan to deliver the Key Performance Indicators (budget, quality, people,…), striving for continuous improvement.
- You supervise and coordinate the operations activities during the night shift.
- A technical problem occurs during your shift? You will be the one organizing the solution, in close collaboration with the technical staff. But you will also monitor the impact on the performance and take all relevant decisions to maintain the productivity.
- Continuous improvement is your daily challenge. Based on performance & productivity analyses, you actively support and drive improvement projects in a lean and agile approach. You work closely with the Project & Process Team to increase the efficiency of our sorting installations.
In your role of Operations Supervisor, you combine people management skills with a pragmatic approach and an interest for our technical environment.
In addition, we would like to highlight the following qualities:
- Experience in an operational management function is necessary, a Master's degree is a plus.
- You are able to manage different stakeholders in French and Dutch.
- You have a positive and open mindset. You do not think in terms of problems, but in terms of creative, flexible and quick solutions.
- You are always one step ahead, you are not afraid of change, you see it as an opportunity for continuous improvement.
- You are result-oriented and are keen to share your expertise and knowledge.
- You have strong influencing and networking skills (thanks to your engaging nature, flexibility and high EQ).