bpost is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Our procurement team is evolving towards a high-impact organization and further developing our role as strategic partner towards our business. In line with this vision, we are recruiting a Procurement Lead Buyer Corporate Services who will help drive this transformation.
You will report directly into the Cluster Manager Corporate Services and will be responsible for the strategic sourcing and procurement activities of the Corporate Services category.
About your function
You will provide guidance, counsel and procurement advice to the internal customers and the wider organization in matters related to Corporate Services procurement. You will use market knowledge and Strategic Sourcing Strategies in contracting suppliers.
As being a public company, you adhere to the relevant Public Procurement Legislation and the internal rules and procedures regarding purchasing. You negotiate and conclude these contracts by using the technics of Strategic Sourcing in accordance with the Category Plans created by the category managers.
Corporate Services covers a very diverse scope within bpost: business services, HR services, Insurance, marketing, Office management, travel services…You manage projects of various sizes inside the Corporate Services Category.
- Implementing all aspects of the category strategy, incl. but not limited to strategic planning, sourcing roadmap, stakeholder management.
- Strategic sourcing for your (sub-)categories with a focus on TCO optimization and a deep understanding of the business needs.
- Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of framework agreements and the execution of the spot buys.
- Maintaining supplier relationships to realize and maintain TCO optimization incl. the execution of supplier performance improvement plans.
You will align with your Cluster Manager to ensure the implementation of your approach happens in the most efficient way and in accordance with the public procurement legislation and internal processes.
Supplier and Customer Relations
You advise and support the internal customer in defining the need, the budget and the planning of their purchase project. You communicate with and proactively inform the internal customer regarding all the information they need to manage the sourcing process (Stakeholdermanagement).
Maintaining relationships with suppliers, prospecting the market and evaluating the existing supply base, in order to identify whether new opportunities for bpost exist.
- 5 or more years of experience in strategic public procurement or a related role in a large enterprise
- Motivated to drive transformation in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative and goal-oriented mind-set
- Bachelor’s degree
- Procurement & negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing process, supplier selection and negotiation, supplier management & development …
- Experience in the field of Corporate Services and awareness of industry trends and best practices
- Strategic Sourcing approach: TCO mindset, opportunity identification, quantitative analysis, stakeholder management …
- In depth knowledge of public procurement
Other required capabilities:
- Knowledge of ERP (Oracle, Business Objects) and reporting techniques
- Excellent computer skills : Microsoft Office software
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Thorough knowledge of both Dutch and French, English is a plus
Our offer to you
A challenging and interesting role with a high-impact on bpost’s core business and plenty of opportunities for further personal development.
A competitive package with other benefits (including luncheon vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance) next to an attractive monthly salary (with end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay).
A unique work environment
- You will work for one of the largest corporate players, with headquarters in Belgium (decisions are taken right here in Brussels). At the same time, you are part of an international organization, thanks to our many activities in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- You will be working on interesting challenges and innovative projects about services critical for bpost’s business.
- The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique.