Across Belgium, many young people are unemployed and will need to learn new skills in the coming years to meet the challenges of an ever-changing job market. bpost is therefore launching a new program to offer students, the unemployed and the employed high-quality learning paths that will enable them to meet these challenges.
As a first step, bpost has started to offer students and the unemployed inclusive dual learning as preparation for a job at bpost as a postal and parcel worker. More specifically, the program aims to give job seekers the opportunity to obtain a secondary diploma combined with on-the-job training. After the course, the student receives not only a secondary school diploma but also a permanent job and a B driving licence. The dual learning project is currently being rolled out in various regions and is supported by mentors who supervise these students in cooperation with various Centres for Adult Education.
The fundraising expert is responsible for securing external funding/support measures in the context of training and employment for the programmes in the bpost boost portfolio and thus securing the further scaling up of the programme. The fundraising expert makes all necessary efforts to raise private, public, philanthropic funds and other support measures needed to operate on the current scale in Belgium and to catalyse new programmes.
Tasks and responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
· Shape the annual fundraising planning process in order to develop the most effective fundraising strategy and to provide a clear link between the business case, budget & forecast.
· Periodically review and evaluate the fundraising strategy and continuously monitor it against predefined KPIs & milestones.
Proactively engage with potential sources of funding
· Research fundraising opportunities and sources
· Prepare a stakeholder engagement plan, including identification of key decision makers to address
· Elaborate presentation material to be used in discussions with potential funding partners
· Prepare tailored project proposals for possible funding and for employment and training subsides to be obtained from identified stakeholders
Responding to 'call for tenders’
· Continuous scan and follow-up of possible call for tenders that are launched to which bpost could apply for bpost boost funding
· Preparing management decision on whether or not to launch preparation to respond to a call for tender
· Independent preparation of 'proposals' (i.e., project proposal) for submission in response to calls for tenders
· Manage the administrative process of submitting to public tenders and after confirmation own the administrative process in the execution of the tender
Apply for criteria related employment incentives
· Mapping of criteria related employment incentives
· Prepare and follow up the end-to-end process from identification to application to administrative follow-up and reporting (e.g. mentor discount, target group youth discount etc.)
Setting up innovative fundraising
· Develop new and innovative ways of raising funding beyond pure government grants (e.g. philanthropy, Social Impact Bonds, etc.)
· Drive and implement new fundraising strategies based on digital market research and best practices
· Devise innovative ways to raise awareness of the bpost boost programmes and develop and implement a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns in collaboration with the communications experts in the team
· Organising and attending fundraising events and networking with relevant stakeholders
As a Fundraising Expert, it goes without saying that you are a strong networker with an innate interest in fundraising. However, we would like to emphasise the following:
· You hold a Master's degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, demonstrable success in fundraising (ideally with public / philanthropic fundraising)
· You have a knowledge of the public funding landscape, with specific focus on employment and training support measures
- Sound knowledge of European funding sources / instruments (e.g., European Social Fund, ERDF, Horizon etc.)
- Sound knowledge of federal funding sources / instruments (e.g., target group reductions, starter wages, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of regional funding sources / instruments (e.g., target group reduction for mentors-Flanders, recruitment incentive for long-term jobseekers, start-up and internship bonus, etc.)
· You are Dutch or French speaking with a very good knowledge of the second national language and a good knowledge of English.
· You get energy from realising things & coordinating actions
· You like working together & communicating at different levels
Like many other companies, we offer, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· You will have the opportunity to participate in a project of great social importance.
· Decisions are taken here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, US and Asia.
· You will find yourself in a company in a state of flux. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the friendly bpost culture is unique.
As an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses and communities. Our team of over 34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society.