Ethics Compliance Manager
bpostgroup is always on the move. As a leading postal operator in Belgium and an international provider of parcels and e-commerce logistics, we create real connections between millions of people, businesses, and communities. Our team of +34,000 employees worldwide is our greatest asset in this story. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our rapidly changing society. We create an environment for our people with interesting job opportunities, challenging projects, inspiring collaborations, the latest technologies, and training programs.
bpost operates in a complex legal environment which is constantly changing and provides both risks and opportunities.
bpostgroup is built upon a foundation of strong corporate values and ethical business practices designed to support our sustainable and responsible business strategy. Each employee is a custodian of our company culture. These values and practices reflect our commitment to our employees, suppliers, customers, business partners, shareholders, and the larger society.
As Ethics Compliance Manager, you will develop a qualitative and strategic partnership with (senior) management of bpostgroup and contribute to the implementation of the business strategy by being end responsible for providing quality, strategic and timely compliance services and programs in the areas of business ethics and integrity.
You will ensure and monitor that bpostgroup exercises due diligence in business ethics and integrity to prevent, detect and resolve non-compliant conduct to help protect the business, the integrity and reputation of bpostgroup and to ensure that the business objectives are met in a manner that is compliant with existing legal regulations and legislations.
a) Act as Ethics Compliance Manager responsible for selected matters in business ethics and integrity:
1. Define a bpostgroup compliance vision, strategy and programs, including Speak Up, compliance training and policy program, third party risk management, and enable the company’s strategic plan through the development of the compliance strategy on a local (Belgian) and Group level.
2. Propose and drive compliance projects with the relevant internal stakeholders.
3. Manage the implementation of compliance programs, including Speak Up, compliance training and policy program, third party risk management, manuals and guidelines and recommend updates via preventive and corrective measures.
4. Monitor if the group’s conduct and procedures are consistent with the existing legal regulations and compliance programs, i.e., coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities.
5. Coordinate and manage the integrity managers and fraud expert.
6. Coordinate and manage effective training for all employees to build compliance awareness within the company.
7. Develop a periodical reporting to all relevant internal stakeholders.
8. Be a trusted advisor: provide adequate, solution oriented and key support and advice for all bpostgroup’s activities in relation to compliance regarding business ethics and integrity.
9. Be the group’s contact person for the competent authorities regarding business ethics and integrity.
b) Act as the Business Strategic Partner for all relevant entities of the group. Support these departments on all related matters regarding business ethics and integrity:
1. Assist the business from a compliance point of view in optimizing their activities; in particular provide expertise in specific areas of business ethics and integrity.
2. Propose solutions for (complex) files with (large) financial, strategic and innovative change impact for bpost projects and other initiatives where business ethics and integrity are at stake for success.
3. Determine and assess legal, reputational, operational and strategic risks for the different entities and assess legal implications of the strategy of these entities allowing the business to take remedial steps, taking into account business ethics and integrity.
c) Be responsible for the efficient knowledge management in the Compliance & Data Protection department for selected matters regarding business ethics and integrity:
d) Build solid internal and external networks.
e) Keep abreast of all important evolutions and developments within the compliance and legal framework and keep expertise up to date to be able to provide adequate support and reinforce credibility.
In your role as Ethics Compliance Manager, you are clearly a dynamic team player who combines solid common sense and sense of “what is the right thing to do” as well as strategic thinking. We highlight the following qualities:
· At this stage of your career, you have a genuine interest in good governance, compliance and ethics.
· You have a proven track record (at least 8 years of experience) as an attorney or legal counsel in a medium or large company, administration, or institution, preferably in the compliance field, combined with a master’s degree in law.
· You are enthusiastic about quickly learning the rules and processes, including in administrative law, which will be essential to the performance of your function.
· A business acumen partnered with a dedication for legality and high ethical standards are the foundations of your professional background.
· You are well organized and thorough.
· You can think analytically and solve problems.
· You can work under pressure, with an eye for detail and with tight deadlines.
· You have strong influencing and networking skills, thanks to your engaging and inclusive character and your flexibility.
· You have strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch or French with a good command of the other language and a good command of English.
Like many other companies, in addition to a monthly salary and a variable remuneration based on the reaching of objectives, we offer a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, company car, hospitalization group insurance, pension, death and disability group insurance, 20 vacation days and 7 additional leave days, end-of-year premium, double vacation pay and many benefits with more than 100 bpost partners.
This is where we really stand out:
· You won’t stop growing, thanks to our training programs and career opportunities.
· bpostgroup will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core competences. This creates some complexity, but also challenging projects.
· You contribute to the societal role of an international service provider of parcel and e-commerce logistics, which connects millions of people, businesses, and communities.
· The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive bpostgroup culture are unique.
· You can focus 100% on your job, while being supported by our internal services.
· You can count on a flexible homeworking policy for work-life balance.
· With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs.