<<ENTER DISPLAY JOB TITLE>>
bpost is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for every employee.
bpost aims to become a sustainable international e-commerce service provider. In order to reach that goal, we have set up an ambitious companywide transformation program that is part of the brand new Strategy and Transformation Office. The Senior Manager Strategy that we are recruiting, will play an essential role in managing and supporting the projects to make that change happen in a sustainable way.
Is this mission for you?
As a Senior Manager Strategy, you are crucial in developing a vision for bpost in the long-term and responsible to ensure that bpost’s activities remain aligned in the short and mid-term. You provide focus, independent counsel and connect the dots across the executive, the business and operations across 3 different continents. You are a trusted thought-partner of the CEO, Group Executive Committee and/or the 3 main divisions of bpost group and are oriented towards impact and value creation in a decisive way.
· Lead strategic projects within the company that are top of mind for the Group Executive Committee;
· Provide thought leadership on workstreams around the key strategic themes, including the long-term strategy of bpost’s e-commerce logistics business in Europe and North America, growing the international businesses of bpost group, implementing new distribution models in Belgium;
· Contribute to the Strategic Committees of the board that take place throughout the year, and to the yearly Strategic offsite of the board, that defines the Strategy of the company;
· Coordinate the key strategic themes as part of the strategic cycle;
· Stay abreast of market evolutions, including performing market research, analysis, forecasting. Elaborate insights on the end customers, e-commerce landscape and e-commerce logistics landscape in Europe to further define the positioning of bpost in this integrated e-commerce ecosystem;
· Perform regular competitive updates for the Group Executive Committee and for the Board (update on the environment in which the company operates);
· Build new sources of competitive advantage for the group;
· Partner with other Corporate departments, Business Units, and external advisors as part of the above roles.
In your role of Senior Manager Strategy, you combine analytical skills with a pragmatic, agile and dynamic approach. In addition, we would like to highlight the following qualities:
· You have 8-10 years of experience in strategy/management consulting or within the strategy department of a leading multinational corporation;
· You are a born communicator you can connect with both operational business teams and top management – both written and orally;
· Fluent in Dutch, French and English;
· Project management comes natural to you: manage cross-functional teams and external parties (consultants, investment banks, Big 4, law firms) under tight deadlines;
· You own your work: independent, proactive and hands-on with a focus on results. For this you set the right priorities and use a pragmatic approach in combination with a critical mindset.
· You show sound judgment & diplomatic capabilities to navigate through confidential and sensitive matters.
Like many other companies, we offer a monthly salary (with an end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay) as well as an attractive benefits package, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, variable bonus, 20 days statutory leave plus 7 extra days offered by bpost and benefits from more than 100 partners.
This is what distinguishes us from the others:
· You benefit from a great deal of autonomy and flexibility that we concretize, among other things, through our home-working policy.
· Thanks to the many training programmes and career opportunities with one of Belgium's largest employers, you will be on a huge growth path.
· The decisions are made here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, the United States and Asia.
· You are joining a company that is in the midst of change. This does create a certain complexity, but above all it creates a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
· The bpost atmosphere, collegiality and friendly culture are unique. And we'll prove it.
· You can concentrate 100% on your work, while being optimally supported by all our internal departments.
As an international provider of parcel logistics and e-commerce services, we create real links between millions of people, companies and communities. Our team of more than 34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this history. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our ever-changing society.