Corporate Finance Advisor
bpostgroup is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
bpostgroup’s financial advisory team, which operates as a center of excellence on a broad range of corporate finance topics, is looking for a highly qualified finance individual who will act as a trusted adviser to the CFO and bpostgroup’s senior management. You will have a dual role in which you will materially impact strategic decisions taken by bpost group while also supporting the articulation of the strategy and value creation towards the investor community.
- You will advise on the financial implications of a variety of ad-hoc strategic projects, enabling fact-based financial and strategic decision-making, with a focus on value creation;
- You play a vital role in analyzing business profitability, investment performance (both organic & M&A) and bpostgroup’s capital allocation as well as advise senior management in any actions to be taken in this respect;
- You act as a sparring partner to each of the 3 main divisions on various corporate finance topics, including challenging and reviewing business cases;
- You will support the Investor Relations Director and senior management in developing the engagement plan towards analysts and investors to ensure a strong understanding of bpost’s equity story and value proposition;
- You will assist in the development of key messages, Q&As, publications and presentations towards the investor community;
- You will stay abreast of relevant market developments and listed peers, and periodically prepare reports on these for the senior management and the board.
You combine a proven track record of profound corporate finance expertise with solid communication- and interpersonal skills.
More particularly, the ideal candidate should successfully demonstrate following experience & competences:
- Strong academic track record in Finance, combined with CFA qualifications
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, investment banking or equity research
- Excellent analytical skills, combining the helicopter perspective with detailed analysis and the ability to convey the conclusions in a comprehensible way
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Capacity and discipline to follow-up on multiple simultaneous ongoing files
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships at different levels of the organization (up to senior management) and proven ability to advocate with stakeholders
- Ability to challenge with respect and convince with fact-based arguments
- Team player, yet capable to work autonomously
- Used to work in a fast-moving environment with a clear sense of urgency and drive to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of English and very good knowledge of French and Dutch
Like many other companies, we offer a monthly salary (with an end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay) as well as an attractive benefits package, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, variable bonus, 20 days statutory leave plus 7 extra days offered by bpost and benefits from more than 100 partners.
This is what distinguishes us from the others:
- You benefit from a great deal of autonomy and flexibility that we concretize, among other things, through our home-working policy.
- Thanks to the many training programmes and career opportunities with one of Belgium's largest employers, you will be on a huge growth path.
- The decisions are made here in Belgium. At the same time, you are part of an international story, thanks to our many activities in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- You are joining a company that is in the midst of change. This does create a certain complexity, but above all it creates a lot of challenges and innovative projects.
- The bpost atmosphere, collegiality and friendly culture are unique. And we'll prove it.
- You can concentrate 100% on your work, while being optimally supported by all our internal departments.
As an international provider of parcel logistics and e-commerce services, we create real links between millions of people, companies and communities. Our team of more than 34,000 employees is our greatest asset in this history. Thanks to them, we continue to play a key role in our ever-changing society.