Chief Enterprise Architect
The Chief Enterprise Architect reports to the CTO corporate.
Taking into account the current vision and strategy of bpost, and aiming to adapt it to new trends and opportunities; develop the technological strategic plan by identifying, tracking and experimenting with new and potentially disruptive technologies.
Enable bpost to take appropriate innovation initiatives for its future, in furtherance of the company's objectives, by monitoring and figuring out technological evolutions, defining their possible implementation, and determining their feasibility and economic justification.
Maintain and align bpost's application, product and technology landscape with the strategic objectives of bpost as a group, between subsidiaries, and within subsidiaries.
Assist the CTO in carrying out his responsibilities, providing him with the necessary foundation to support strategically relevant trajectories. In addition, it is crucial that the Chief Enterprise Architect can navigate bpost's complex organizational landscape and act as a mediator between the various IT and business services.
· Define the technological mission and vision of bpost to support a business-oriented culture and way of thinking. A mission and vision that is broader than pure ICT. Namely determining which technological building blocks are essential for the business unit(s) to either survive, cut costs or grow as a business.
· Develop a technology strategy for the ICT entity in order to achieve bpost's strategic objectives faster and more efficiently and drive the creation of new BU strategies and models. Provide support in the definition, communication and implementation of BU strategic roadmaps. Support the CTO in defining the objectives of the ICT entity. Essential to ensure that the business units are properly informed what the technological possibilities are for their business evolution. Besides a purely advisory and guiding role, there is also a responsibility towards implementation and strategic approach to ensure that the business can implement this technology in the most efficient way.
· Setting up, guiding, aligning and controlling the technological vision and speed within bpost corporate in order to efficiently achieve effective value creation between the units by realizing economies of scale on a technological level. In addition to defining the necessary building blocks, this function also determines when and where to deviate from corporate rules on technology. Collaborative development between ICT components, but also between all BU is essential.
· Ensuring stakeholder management ::
o Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners and BU and corporate Senior Management in order to gain a clear understanding of business needs and ensure that they are met in an efficient and innovative way and that synergies are created;
o Act as a person of trust and advisor to BU regarding technological aspects;
o Organize on regular basis strategic meetings with internal (including the other ICT units such as architecture, governance, customer service, business, ... ) and external stakeholders;
o Sharing information, discussions and building and maintaining constructive cooperation with the other ICT units such as governance, sourcing, customer service, commercial, logistics & support entity;
o Keeping up to date with all technological evolutions in order to provide appropriate advice to senior management;
o Maintaining relationships with the main strategic technology suppliers of bpost.
· Provide input to the further development of the ICT sourcing strategy and drive the strategic partnerships. Monitor the evolution of partnerships with respect to who provides and maintains what technology, as well as the performance of partners in the recent past.
· Provide strategic direction and oversee the design, development, operation and maintenance of the ICT systems and programs that fulfill customer needs including the evaluation of architecture management, applications management, security and risk management, infrastructure and operational support management. Importantly, the organization must be competent on a real-time basis to deal with new trends and technologies in other words, the "readiness for a continuous change" aspect is one of the most essential and challenging aspects of the position..
· Leading an ICT workforce of internal architects with a mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competence to create and maintain a good balance between, on the one hand, the agility needed to achieve the digital business objectives and, on the other hand, to guard the reliability, stability and efficiency of the "core business" and all the manufacturing components that go with it. Ensuring that there is sufficient flexibility and knowledge to respond to bpost's needs.
· Contribute to the definition of bpost's 5-year strategic plan, policies, business technology standards, "governance" processes, and KPIs that ensure ICT generates value for bpost.
· Expressing innovative leadership: identifying new technologies that can/should be assimilated, integrated or introduced into the ICT entity. Actively encourage the search for incremental and disruptive innovation according to calibrated methodologies: for example, the 10x thinking principle, customer centricity and customer experience, implementing the "fail fast and early" principle and celebrating successes and failures.
· Educational background: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent through work experience.
· Required experience for the position:
o 10 Years of experience in IT and/or business management function (such as Enterprise Architect)
o Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role
o Thorough experience of managing large cross-functional teams
o Thorough experience of ICT strategic planning, organizational design and development
o Thorough experience in leading IT transformation initiatives in a complex and dynamic environment.
· Experience at bpost is a plus. Knowledge of bpost's working methods and complexity helps to provide appropriate business guidelines
· Language skills (in function of the workplace): Dutch - French - English
· Technical knowledge required to perform the job:
o Very good knowledge and understanding of all facets of ICT.
o Very good knowledge of the bpost business domains and their correlation with the outside world.
o Following up on the latest manufacturing and distribution techniques.