Business Development Manager - Strategic Customers
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
bpost is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for every employee.
Within this context, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to reinforce our Strategic Customers team and help bpost better understand it’s client’s needs.
About the job
As Business Development Manager, you will :
-Study and analyze the markets and sectors in which bpost operates in order to identify, within the assigned sector, potential business opportunities based on a largely customized approach for standard Advertising Mail and/or Relational Mail products and services.
- Establish and maintain contacts with existing and potential customers in order to deepen business relationships or build strategic alliances to achieve sales targets.
- Analyze and understand the marketing and communication techniques already used by the customer, detect possible expansion opportunities and build and consolidate a position in the customer's long-term marketing and communication strategy in order to help him choose the ideal marketing mix and convince him to adapt and/or expand his current marketing mix by means of the possibilities offered by bpost.
- Negotiate and conclude contracts with customers, ensuring that the desired customer agreements are translated into binding contractual agreements, deviating from the standard contracts, so as to conclude the contractual agreements in accordance with the regulations and legislation in force.
- Determine the most appropriate global plan of approach for a broad mix of marketing products and services for Advertising Mail and Relational Mail and initiate the underlying sales processes by passing on the various projects to the Account Managers and then proactively monitoring the implementation of the highly innovative sales action plans, in order to steer the implementation of the projects in the right direction and to adjust it in time.
- Identify the added value that bpost can bring to the client's marketing and communication strategy, to its business objectives and to the challenges it faces in the market in order to develop a long-term action plan.
- Organize and attend (customer) events and create a credible position at the top level of organizations in order to develop a trusting relationship with prospects and customers.
- 8 years of experience
- Fluent in French and Dutch
- Good knowledge of English
- In-depth knowledge of general marketing concepts and strategies
- In-depth knowledge of the industry, market challenges and business objectives of current and potential customers, both in the Belgian and European markets.
- In-depth knowledge of and affinity for the products and services offered in the department.
- Very good knowledge of presentation skills, negotiation techniques, project management, conceptual thinking, analytical skills, strategic thinking.
Like many other companies, we offer a nice package of benefits in addition to a monthly salary, including a company car, meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, a bonus, 20 days' leave and 7 extra statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay, a lump-sum reimbursement of expenses and many benefits for more than 100 bpost partners.
Next to Belgium’s leading postal operator, bpost is of course also an important parcel and e-commerce logistics provider in Europe, North-America and Asia. We deliver mail and parcels to millions of doorsteps and provide logistic services to businesses and consumers.
Is the vacancy above something for you? Then you're definitely someone who cares, who dares and who likes to work together. Because at bpost Parcels & Logistics…
…we care. bpost has always acted as a kind of link between people, societies and companies. Due to digitization, there is less contact between people, but our connecting and ubiquitous role has never been stronger. In addition to the important social services bpost provides, we are also one of the largest employers of short-schooled employees, offering them the opportunity to graduate from secondary school. You’ll have an impact on society and everyone in it.
…we dare. In an economy that forces us to evolve at lighting speed, we think and act fast. We work on short-term projects, since we don't know what tomorrow will bring. We're decision-makers. We’re flexible. We think internationally (while our heart is in Belgium). And we work faster and more efficiently every day through robotization and automation. Because you’ll be working for the growth engine of the group.
…we work together. All the above with the realization that we're not alone. With over 34,000 employees in Belgium and across the globe, you will work in an environment that is driven by people. And our chain is only as strong as its weakest link (yes, cliche buster). That’s why we are permanently connected to the business and the teams on the ground. The human dimension is of great importance within our company, at all levels. We invest in machines, but we are built on people. They are the strength of our business.