Senior Operations Supervisor Antwerpen X
SENIOR OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
bpost is always on the move. We create for our people an environment with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for everyone.
Within this story, we are looking for a senior operations supervisor in the Antwerp sorting center.
Reports to: (Senior) Production Manager Preparation
Autonomously assume the hierarchical and operational responsibility of a vacancy (consisting of a large team and complex flux management - min. 150 FTE).
Make daily operational decisions on operating priorities and products according to the framework elaborated by the Site Manager. Continuously formulate proposals to improve the processes and assist the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation in the preparation of the annual plan and in the realization of the action plans. Act as right hand of the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation during the assigned vacancy and replace him in case of absence.
- Together with the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation, actively participate in the preparation of the annual plan to achieve all KPIs related to budget, quality, employees and customers by formulating improvement proposals and translating them into end to end projects.
Then coordinate and assign these projects to (Senior) TL across vacations.
- Supervise and coordinate the execution of the operations of the IMC's operational production unit during the night vacations with responsibility over decisions that may have an E2E impact
- Allocate resources according to workload and processing priorities in collaboration with the Planning Manager
- Lead the operational production meetings with the (Senior) Teamleaders of the vacancy. Making operational decisions in the E2E interest and in compliance with the framework set by the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation and contacting the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation and the Transport Manager if necessary when circumstances require it (cancellation of Transport departure due to weather conditions, strikes, start of the Business Continuity Plan)
- Follow up the results of the performance KPIs and implement the improvement actions in collaboration with :
- the (Senior) Production Manager
- the AVCS coach, via short-term follow-up of production indicators by updating the counters
- the (Senior) TL, for the concrete implementation in the assigned zones
Supervise the implementation of the improvement actions and the embedding of the results.
- Improve the operational and technical functioning of the production site
- Continuously analyzing and proposing the possibilities for process improvements within IMC and more specifically for the own vacancy
- Follow up all steps for continuous improvement of own shifts based on national standards and lean tools
- Passing on any technical issues to the Technical Manager; checking the correct use of machines, creating labels in tool FM, proposals for improvement
- Developing the Line Management (Teamleaders, Senior Teamleaders) of the own vacancy on people and operational level (E2E), in order to continuously guarantee an optimal execution of the operations from an E2E point of view and to be able to evolve towards an autonomous management.
- Daily coaching & feedback
- Performance and well-being interviews ;
- Weekly consultation on the priorities and end to end projects in the work zone
- Supervising, developing and following up on the development of competencies and talent with a view to an efficient succession policy
- Organize, monitor and evaluate in cooperation with local management the development of the (Senior) TL a.o. by CVA Academy
- Actively participate in improvement projects (local and national) as sponsor or initiator. Make a business case for the implementation of a project.
- Autonomously coordinating the implementation of all Safety initiatives within the own vacancy and coaching the line managers through scouting, in order to make the zero accident culture permeate through all persons of the night shift
- Managing the daily operational contacts with the regional representatives of the social partners' own vacancy and ensuring the maintenance of a constructive social climate through permanent consultation (formal and informal) and communicating the discussion points to the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation
- Deputising for the (Senior) Production Manager Preparation in case of absence.
- Master's degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Sound knowledge of the second national language (in function of the workshop)
- Good knowledge of English
- Thorough knowledge of the operational processes and products within an IMC
- Sound knowledge of the operational processes and products at Distribution
- Sound knowledge of people management (individual coaching, convincing, organizing)
- Sound knowledge of performance management
- Basic experience with social relations management